I'm Sorry

Vegeta found himself beneath Crowley's foot. "Tsk tsk tsk... Vegeta you know how far off you are from defeating me! Try all your colourful transformations, but you'll never defeat me with that." Crowley applied more pressure to Vegeta's chest. The saiyan cried out in agony. "D-Damn you C-Crowley!" Vegeta hissed clawing at Crowley's leg. "Be patient, Vegeta. It will soon be over after your mate realizes how hopeless it is to attempt turn Ares back!" Crowley chuckled kicking Vegeta. Sending the saiyan through multiple boulders. Crowley caught up to him. "So... In the meantime... Why don't we play a game, hm?" Vegeta hissed at him struggling to get back on his feet. The prince powered back up to Super Saiyan Blue. "Sorry... But I don't have time for games." Vegeta charged at Crowley. Unleashing a frenzy of attacks. C'mon you stupid fucker... Fall for it! Vegeta prayed until his for did. Got you know you cocky son of a bitch! Vegeta grabbed Crowley's blade from the man's hand. Driving the sharpened blade to Crowley's torso. The saiyan punched his foe down. Crowley gasped in surprise but that was replaced by laughter. "Ohoho! Nice one... Saiyan..." Crowley sputtered holding his wound. "But it'll take a whole lot more than just a pitiful stab to get rid of me..." Crowley rose to his feet almost completely unaffected by the wound. "My turn." Vegeta didn't see Crowley move. The next thing the saiyan knew was a fist plunged deep within his chest. Blood pooling down his legs. "Oh! Oopsie Daisy! I think I went a wee bit to hard, right?" Crowley removed his bloodied hand from Vegeta. The saiyan gasped and began to sputter out blood. N-no... Not again... I... I c-can't... No.... Vegeta began to feel panic claw at his chest. "Well... I took care of that... I should return to Ares to see how that idiot husband of yours is still alive or not... Don't worry... Your family will follow shortly, Vegeta." Crowley smiled as he saw Vegeta collapse on the ground. I... I didn't even l-last... Not a minute... All that training... For nothing! Vegeta shut his eyes tight. He closed his eyes hoping his call would work. "C-Cas... C...." Vegeta coughed out another bout of blood. Pathetic... I can't even muster out a word.... I... I'm sorry... Ares... Ajax... Heru... Morgi... Vette... Kakarrot... Vegeta felt the world grow distant. A shadow loomed over the saiyan and that's the last thing he saw.

XxXxXxX

Goku sent Ares flying across the clearing. "It's over Ares..." Goku said aiming a ki blast at his son. "No! It's not!" Ares spat rising up, "it'll never be over!" Ares let out a battle cry charging at Goku only to be brought back down. "It is... Now give up! You can't beat me..." Goku punched Ares across the face sending him a few feet away. Now or never... Ares... Goku was gonna deliver a final blow. Midway... Ares gasped and a face full of terror replaced the malevolent one. "P-Pappa!?" That's all it took Goku hesitated. He saw the helpless boy he once knew. He saw the face of an innocent child crying out for his father. In that instant Ares plunged his fist into Goku's chest. Narrowly missing his heart. Blood began to pour out. Goku powered down all the way to base form. N-no... How.... Ares.... Goku pulled his son's fist away punching him one last time. "Castiel was right.... You're too far gone for any salvation... I'm sorry, Ares." Goku used the last of his energy to go back home. Where the last thing he saw was the clouds darkening as rain began to poor down.

XxXxXxX
Vegeta drifted in and out of consciousness. He heard familiar voices only comprehending a few words.
"Get... Dende..."
"I... Them!"
"...."
"Why... Waking?!"
"Won't... Not... Awhile... Least"
".... Damn... All..."
"Momma... Pappa... Okay?"
"Ajax... Take... Siblings..."
(Hours later...)
Vegeta bolted up. He was unaware of where he was. But he soon relaxed when he recognized the LookOut.
"Vegeta?" A familiar voice spoke. It was Goku. The bigger saiyan was laying next to Vegeta. "K-Kakarrot? Ares w-"
"Don't... I... I couldn't save him... I couldn't save our baby boy. Castiel was right... He is too far gone... Our Ares... He almost killed me... He sent Crowley to kill you... I... We have to... He's..." Goku burst into tears. Vegeta held him close. "I'm sorry, Vegeta... I... I'm sorry." Vegeta didn't know what to think let alone say. Deep down he knew Ares was never gonna come back.  And there was only one way to stop him.