Chapter 9

It was Sunday afternoon and Hayes and I had just finished our projects and were at the Starbucks down the street.

I got a raspberry tea and he god some kind of vanilla flavored cappuccino

Hayes decided to walk me home, to my front door. I was walking into my house when he stopped me to ask a question.

"Wait, Nicole?" He took my hand "Yeah?" "When I kissed you did it mean anything to you?" He looked in my eyes

"Yeah. It did, but I don't know how I felt about it." "Was it good or bad?" "I really don't know. It was my first kiss and everything so I want to know just as bad as you do,"

"Thank you." I kissed his cheek then walked inside.

-

When I woke up it was Monday morning, and I wasn't too excited for school with Hayes. I put on a pair of black leggings, a dark blue, long sleeved shirt, and a pair of black and white Roshes.

I poured myself a bowl of Frosted Flakes, and sat down at the table.

I turned on MTV and of corse they were playing all the music videos.

Do you want to walk to school with me?- Hayes

Sure. I'll be there in a few minutes.- Nicole

K see you then, beautiful- Hayes

When I got to Hayes' house I knocked on the door and after a few seconds he answered it with his backpack and everything.

"Hey Nicole." He said while closing the door behind him "Hi Hayes."

We started walking to school in a little bit of an awkward silence

"Nicole, I'm sorry if I pressured you or anything yesterday. I just wanted to know because I really really like you."

"I really like you too, but I.. I just really like you. That's it. I don't even know how to add onto it." I tried to stop myself from smiling, but it was too hard. I guess the thought of someone actually liking me, or at least actually admitting it, made me really happy.

I looked over at Hayes who was looking down with a red face and a slight grin.

When we got to school a few girls have me evil glares. I don't even know why. I've never talked to them.

Hayes and I split up into our separate friend groups.

Laura was the only one in my friend group right now, but that's ok because I really just want to talk to her right now.

"Do you know why people are giving me death stares?" I asked

"Yeah... Eversince you and Hayes started dating, rumors were spread around and a few girls got mad."

"Oh... and to whoever said Hayes and I were dating.. we're just friends."

"Hayes."

"So, he told the whole school we were dating?" "No. He told his friends then the word got out, so now the whole school knows,"

"So you don't like Hayes?" She asked "I do, but I'm not one-hundred percent sure I want to date him."

"Why? You guys would be so cute together and he's so nice." "I know, but I haven't really dated anyone before so I'm confused about what I feel for him." "Ok, but please just try." "Ok. I guess I will."

-

It was a really long day at school today, and I'm glad I get to just sit down and not deal with people talking shit about me.

Hayes and I went to his house to do homework because I was so unfocused today and need help.

We had just gotten done doing our homework and we were both sitting on the couch

"Nicole, can I ask you something?" "Yeah. Sure." "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Umm, I don't know? What about all of the people that--" "we don't have to worry about them. They don't know how great of a person you are. I'll be right there, right by your side the whole time." He said while looking in my eyes.

It seems like he really likes me, and I don't want to break his heart.

I thought about it for a second and maybe it wasn't such a bad idea.

"Ok. I'll be your girlfriend." I nodded with a slight smile.

A huge smile came across his face and he put his arm around my shoulder.