Chapter 24

Nicole's POV
"Where's Hayes?" I asked myself

"Hey, what's up." Carter said "Hi, Carter. Do you know where Hayes is?" "No." "Oh." "If I see him I'll tell you though. Or tell him that you're looking for him." he said "Ok, thank you."

Hey Hayes, where are you?- Nicole

I decided to walk around the house. During the process I saw Hayes dancing with the birthday girl.

I'm glad she got her birthday wish. She seems like a really nice girl.

I walked over to a table full of food. Mostly things like cupcakes, there was a deli platter, and drinks.

While I was walking away from the table of food, I bumped into someone, causing them to spill their drink a little.

"Oh, I'm so, so sorry." I said "No, it's fine. I didn't really like this sparkling water anyways," She said with a kind smile

"I'm May." She put her hand out for me to shake "I'm Nicole." I shook her hand back

"I've never seen you around before, are you one of Caroline's friends?" "No, I came here with one of my other friends." "Oh, well if you get lucky you'll get to talk to her so called "date," Hayes Grier." She rolled her eyes "That's actually who I came with."

"Ohh.. Well... Good luck." "What do you mean good luck?"

She shrugged "well, she is obsessed with him and she is kind of sneaky and stuff."

"Oh. Well, umm, I think Hayes is loyal and faithful. Nothing's gonna happen." She assured me, but didn't seem to sure. "Ok."

"Where's your friend?" she asked

"I don't know," I shrugged "Somewhere with Caroline."

Shawn started to preform.

"Oh, look it's Shawn Mendes. I love him!" She said with a big smile

"Go ahead and watch him preform. I'm gonna look for Hayes."

"Are you sure you don't want any help?" She asked "yeah. It's fine. It probably won't be too hard anyways."

She walked off to the crowd of people and I looked around the house.

I couldn't find him anywhere so I walked outside to the patio and was shocked at what I saw.

Caroline and Hayes were kissing...

I'm not gonna lie, I did just want to break down and cry because I never thought he would do this to me.

They both released from the kiss, still in the moment.

Hayes looked past Caroline and saw me standing there and the only good idea I had was to leave.

"Nicole, wait." Hayes said while trying to stop me. "No, Hayes, it's fine, it's ok. I just need to.. to go to the bathroom." I said even though I wasn't fine.

I felt nauseous and started getting a head ache

"Maybe I should just go back to the hotel." I mumbled under my breath.