Chapter 3

I was walking to school with my earbuds in.

I was so tired from last night. I had tons of homework and I was on Twitter and Instagram.

I felt someone tap my shoulder and walk up next to me.

"Hey Nicole." It was Hayes.

"Umm, hey." "So.. Where are you from?" He asked "Atlanta, Georgia." "What do you like to do in your free time? I bet it's being beautiful."

Please don't tell me he's a fuckboy

"That was so cheesy. But I like to play basketball, listen to music, and watch stupid videos, especially yours."

"Is that a compliment? because if it is. Thank you." he said with a cocky smile which made me laugh.

"Do you have a favorite sports team." he asked looking forward. "Yes I like the Golden State Warriors and The New York Giants."

He asked me a few more questions then we arrived at school.

We separated into our different friend groups and went to class.

-

It was first period and I couldn't stop thinking about Hayes and our conversation before school.

The fact that he actually cared about what I had to say. Let's just hope he's a good person.

Hayes' POV

"Wow she's beautiful I don't see why nobody really talks to her." I said while resting my head in the palm of my hand

My friend Johnny just shrugged

"I guess she is hot." "Dude!" "Ok. I quests she's pretty," he restated "But I guess she's just not the popular type."

"So? She doesn't have to be. She's nice and pretty and smart--" "Bro, you just met her, calm down."

I might have just met her, but I know I like her.

Nicole's POV
In the hallway on my way to Health (2nd period) I had to stop at my locker to get my health binder.

Hayes walked up to me and started talking about something, I wasn't really paying attention though because I was trying to study for a quiz that I had next hour.

I was trying to listen and study at the same time.. I can't multitask so that didn't really work.

All I heard was the first law of thermodynamics is we should hang out some time.

We got to health and sat down next to each other.

"So, what do you think?" Hayes asked

The bell rang, and I didn't get to answer him.

For the whole class period we were talking until we got caught by the teacher.

We ended up getting Saturday detention and I was honestly a little upset because it's Saturday. I don't want to be at school.