Chapter 22

I woke up the next morning next to Hayes.

Is this really my life? Because this is too good to be true.

Hayes got a text. His phone was on the nightstand right next to him. I slowly got up just to see if it was important..so if it was I could tell him.

Good morning😘- Caroline R.

I gently set his phone down and turned it off, and went to the bathroom.

It was a warm, sunny day so I put on some clothes. I put on a grey Nirvana shirt shirt, dark blue skinny jeans, and white Air Force high tops.

When I looked at the time it was 10:45, so I woke up Hayes.

"Hayes.. Hayes.. Hayes.. Hayes" I whispered while shaking him. "Haayyyees!" I said a little louder and he started to wake up.

"Hayes, get up." I said

"Just give me five more minutes." He groaned while turning over on his side, away from me. "Ok. Just five."

~5 minutes later~
"Hayes." I said "Yeah." "C'mon get up." I said "I need help up."

I took both of his hands and pulled him up into a sitting up position. "Thank you." He said "No problem."

"Someone texted you." I said "Did you read it?" he asked "No. I just heard your phone--" his phone started to ring.

He picked it up and went out onto the balcony.

I sat down on the bed and texted Alexis

Hey-Nicole

Hey. what's up?- Alexis

Nothin-Nicole

What are you doing?-Nicole

I'm with Tucker-Alexis

Tucker is "just a friend." as Alexis says. I know they aren't just friends, they've like each other ever since 5th grade.

Oh.. Tucker??😏- Nicole

Yes. Tucker. Why'd you text me anyways?-Alexis

I'm just bored-Nicole

What about Hayes? Where's he?-Alexis

He's on the phone.- Nicole

Hayes POV
Caroline called me.
"Hey Caroline." "Good morning."

"Um, I was just wondering if you were still coming to my birthday party?" she asked in kind of a nervous voice." "Of corse, what made you think I wasn't?" "I don't know.. It's just.. I don't know." Her voice got quieter

"Well, I promise I'll be there and I'll spent as much time with you as I can. Does that sound good?" "Yeah. It sounds great... And my parents also said they had some kind of surprise after the party and wondered if you wanted to come... You don't have to if you don't want to though." Her voice got quiet again "Yeah. Of corse I'll be there." "Ok. I'll talk to you later then. Bye." "Bye."

I went back in the room and gave Nicole a kiss then got dressed.