Chapter 25

I looked up Uber driver phone numbers and I debated with myself over whether I should call or stay.

"Hey Nicole." Cameron said "Hi, Cameron." "What are you doing?" he asked "I'm debating over if I should go back to the hotel or stay at this party." "I think you should stay." He said "K."

"Why do you want to leave, anyways?" He asked while sitting down next to me "I don't know, I'm just kinda bored and a little tired."

"Well, where's Hayes?" He asked "With Caroline."

"Oh.. Just hang out with us. Don't worry about him." "Ok." I said while getting up with a smile on my face because I felt so welcomed again.

"I'm just gonna go to the bathroom first." "K. I'll be over there." He said while pointing to the group of people in the middle of the room.

I walked up to the bathroom which was my first mistake. That kid from the mall was walking out of the bathroom, towards me. I attempted to walk away unnoticed, but it was too late.

"Hey, you're that girl from the mall." He said with a smile "Yep. That's me." I said with a smile.

"I've never seen you around here before. Are you friends with Caroline?" He asked "No. I'm here with my boyfriend." I said emphasizing the words "my" and "boyfriend"

"Ok, I get it, you're already taken and I respect that, but where is your boyfriend?" He asked mocking me "With Caroline." "Oh yeah, you might want to watch out, she's kind of a hoe." He said

"She did kiss my boyfriend so... Yeah... But I wouldn't call her a hoe from my experiences." "Wow, she already got to him... Ouch" I shrugged my shoulders "Well from my experiences, I can tell you she is." I let out a small laugh "Thanks for the info." "No problem." He said with a smile while walking past me.

He's actually a pretty nice guy.

I went to the bathroom and did my business then went back to the group to Cameron.

"Hey Nicole." "Hey Cam." "...Who was that guy you were talking to?" he asked "Just.. An old friend."

"Oh. Where's Hayes?" He asked "Outside with Caroline. I bet she got her wish." I said while trying to smile "It's her birthday and he was forced to do this." "Yeah." I sighed

I had fun with the guys for the rest of the time. We all joked around and stuff, but it would have been more fun to me if Hayes was there.

I sat back down on the couch cause honestly I was really tired.

I was scrolling through Instagram when someone sat next to me. I looked over and it was Matt "Hey, Matt." "Hey, we're about to sing happy birthday to Caroline. You comin?" "Sure." I stood up and so did he.

Caroline was standing on stage right next to Hayes, and Shawn was sitting in a stool with his guitar.

"This song is dedicated to Caroline from everyone, and I hope you enjoy, birthday girl." Shawn said then started to sing happy birthday then everyone joined in. Hayes had a smile on his face, and Caroline looked really surprised.

Cameron came next to me and put his arm around my shoulder. "You ok?" he asked "Yeah." I looked up at him with a confused expression then back at Hayes.

He was holding hands with Caroline and her head was leaned on his shoulder.

I know I shouldn't be jealous or anything, but it's just the way he looks at her, and the way he kissed her, and.. Just everything.

"I think I'm gonna go back to the hotel. I'm really, really tired." I said then slipped out from under Cameron's arm.

I called an Uber number and went back to the hotel.

As soon as I got into the room I kicked off my shoes, and plopped down in the bed.

Hayes called me and I ignored him. He called me like seven more times, and I ended up ignoring him seven more times.