Chapter 33

Candace's POV 

I don't know about this. I really have a bad feeling about going in this stupid prom. I shouldn't have said yes. I mean, what am I going to do in there? Raffy and Stacy are going together as well as Carl and Beth. Me? I'm going alone. I don't wanna go in there alone while all of my school mates have someone with them.

Knock! Knock!

And who could that be?

I went out of my room to get the door. My parents are not here, as always.

"Candace!!" Stacy shouted excitedly holding two big bags. She's with Beth who is also excited and also holding two big boxes. What's with them today, anyway? "Oh my gosh, Candace. I am so excited tonight. We are all getting ready together." She said and then she and Beth both squealed.

"What?" I asked confusedly.

"We are getting ready for prom, like, right now." Stacy said.

"There's is where all things that we need for our hair and make-up." Beth said and then pointed out the two bags that's Stacy is holding. "And then this is where our dresses are." She continued and point at the two bags that's she is holding.

"Where's your dress? Is it all ready?" Stacy asked me.

"No. Guys, I don't wanna go to prom." I said. They both looked shocked, angry and sad.

"You can't not go to prom." Beth said.

"Yeah! We looked for your dress half a day." Stacy said.

"But I really don't feel like-

"Is this about HIM again?" Stacy asked me. I shook my head even though it is really because of him.

"Oh c'mon, Candace. You have to come. Last year, you weren't here and now you don't wanna come. Please Candace, I promise you that this is gonna be the best night of your life." Beth said. Maybe she's right. Okay. I gotta go to that prom just to show him that I don't need him.

"Okay. Fine." I said and they both squealed again.

"Okay. Let's get started!" Stacy said with excitement . This is gonna be my night.

~~*~~*~~*~~*

"C'mon, Candace. Come out of your room." Carl said. They are all here now. They all wanna see what I look like. "Yeah! We wanna see you." Raffy said. I'm nervous. My head says 'Don't Go.' but my heart says 'Go.' My head is going for the right thing but my heart is going where i'm gonna be happy.

I looked at the mirror once more. The girl I see is not me. It's a different person on the outside. I looked stronger and braver but on the inside, i'm still the same. Same old girl who is scared and weak. The same girl that fall in love with a guy..... but tonight, everything will change. I'll do my best to be different.

I got out of my room. All of them are looking at me like i'm a stranger.

"Who are you?" Carl asked. It's a joke, I know but I asked myself the same thing when I looked at the mirror.

Who am I?

"Candace Promrise O'Donnell." I said.

"You don't look like Candace tonight." Beth said to me.

"And that's why you are Promrise tonight!" Stacy said.

Yeah, I like that.

**~**~**~**~

We arrived. We are here.

I'm ready. So ready.

We got out of the car and went inside. There's so many people. They are all dancing and some of them is... you know... I'm looking around and then I saw them. They are looking at me too. Their eyes are fixed with mine. Dana looked away and then pulled Jerich with him. I smirked.

"Wazzup?" Carl asked me while he's handing me a drink. I took it and drink then say, "Nothing much. Just looking around." I simply said without looking at him. "Did you saw them?" He asked me. He didn't say their names but I already know who they are. "Yep." I said while popping the 'p'

"What would you do if he said that he remember you, like, right now?" He asked me again. That's a good question, though. "I don't know. What do you think?" I said. "I think that you should smack his face so hard just to show him how he hurt you so much." He said. I giggled.

Time passed and passed and I'm getting bored. Many guys asked me to dance but I reject them all no matter how hot they are. I can feel Jerich's eyes in me all the time but I'm not bothering to look at him.

"Everyone! We are now announcing the prom queen and king."

"Don't worry, Candace. You are gonna win this thing." Stacy said.

"What?" I asked her shocked. I have no idea what she's talking about.

"You got nominated on this." She told me.

"What? Why did I not know about his?" I asked her.

"I think you were absent when this thing announced."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Suprise!" She said with a giggle. Oh, well. It's like I'm gonna win this thing.

"And the prom king is.... Jerich Horgan!"

Everyone applauded except us. I rolled my eyes at Dana. She is so happy for him. Her friends congratulate her. It is so pathetic. I hate it.

"And the prom queen is..."

Dana is about to go up in the stage but then she's not the prom queen.

"Candace O'Donnell."

What?

Everyone applauded especially my friends as I go up in the stage. Dana's jaw drop. Ha! In her face! She really thought that she's gonna beat me. But wait! Jerich and I have to dance. I don't wanna do it. I hate him as much as I hate Dana. This is what I don't want to happen but fate, destiny brought us here together.

"The prom queen and king will be the first one to dance."

He looked at me and I didn't. He held my hand and my waist. My heart is beating fast. I'm still looking down while we are dancing. People are looking at me and I heard someone said that we would be a cute couple. I looked up and saw Dana looking at us like she's about to cry and then she walks away.

People, couples started to dance. I'm about to walk away but insted of letting me go, he hug me tightly. I tried to push him but he doesn't let go and then we stop dancing. Our face is so close that we are almost gonna kiss. I can see at the corner of my eyes that Stacy, Beth, Carl and Raffy are looking at us.

"Candace, I have something to tell you."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Hi guys! I know that it's been a long time since I updated so that's why I made a quite long chapter for you. I hope you like it and see ya next week!

~ Bea |(•.•)|