162.Article

EXCLUSIVE
Nina Somerhalder Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby No.2 With Ian Somerhalder

And baby makes four! Nina Somerhalder gave birth earlier this Fall, welcoming her second child with husband, Ian Somerhalder, Us Weekly exclusively confirms

A source tells Us that the baby is "about 3 weeks old."

The TVD  power couple, already parents to 17-month-old Blaire Skye, announced the arrival of their son on Sunday. (See photo below)

"If I am thinking correctly," said Pooh, "a new baby is probably, undoubtedly the grandest gift that could ever be

"If I am thinking correctly," said Pooh, "a new baby is probably, undoubtedly the grandest gift that could ever be."The actress used a line from Winnie the Pooh to announce the arrival of their son adding "It's a boy! Arrow Alexander Somerhalder was born on October 4th, 2019, and weighs 7 lbs. 10 oz. We thank you all for the support and well wishes
x Love The Somerhalder Family ❤️,"

The actor opted to post a photo of their daughter with the newborn captioning the image with "You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts

The actor opted to post a photo of their daughter with the newborn captioning the image with "You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you." No bond is greater than that of siblings and watching my first and second child together is nothing short of perfect. Nina you have given me the greatest gifts and I love you beyond any measure. Thank you for blessing me with two amazing little humans." He later went on to address their fans saying, "And to you,our fans, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the love and well wishes you've sent o way since we announced his birth. We love you so much ❤️"

The couple, just like they had done in the past before their daughter was born, remained silent about the gender of their little one up until the very end.

Speaking exclusively to PEOPLE, the happy parents could hardly contain their excitement. Said the proud dad, "Being a father changes your perspective on everything but it also teaches you knew and exciting things. I mean watching them together is something short of amazing. And though Blaire is 17 months old, she's very attentive and is always ready to help or when they're in the living room watching tv she'll absentmindedly reach for his hand but her eyes will be on the screen"

"Watching them together. That bond they share with each other is a bond that I've shared with my own siblings and Nina with her brother. We want them to lean on each other and support each other through the good and the bad and though they'll have their differences, we want them to know that they can always count on each other to be there," he added

But the actor also admitted to PEOPLE at the time that he was surprised by the reveal, as he'd been expecting another girl after doing some research.

"I read a bunch of articles, and one said that a woman is glowing when she's having a girl. Nina was glowing, she was radiant. Her hair was the best I've ever seen, and it said women have great hair when they have a girl," he explained.

"Also, last time she wanted truffles at all times, and now she wants chips. Chips are salty, and salty equals girl!" said Ian

Ian and Nina first announced the pregnancy on Instagram back in August when she posted a photo of their one year old in front of a blue check list board with the caption "I'm as happy as can be because I'm going to have baby sibling to play with. Mommy and Daddy are excited too. We couldn't wait to share the news with you. Can't wait to be a big sister ❤️"

Congratulations Nina and Ian on the arrival of your new baby boy we send you our love and best wishes on your newest adventure!