129.Article

Nikki Reed doesn't think friendship with ex Ian Somerhalder and his wife is 'weird'

CYDNEY HENDERSON | USA TODAY | 6:45 pm EST December 17, 2018

There is no bad blood between Nikki Reed and Ian Somerhalder. On Wednesday's episode of "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon," a fan asked Reed if she thinks it's "weird" that she's still friends with her former husband and his wife, Nina Somerhalder.

"I don't think that's weird at all," Reed, 30, replied. "I think that's great."

Reed and Somerhalder, were married two years before calling it quits in 2017. In 2018, Somerhalder married Dobrev, who was his co-star on The Vampire Diaries, who portrayed human Elena Gilbert and her doppelgänger Katherine Pierce. Somerhalder and Dobrev have a daughter – Blaire Skye (5 months)

"Why can't everyone be friends?" Reed continued. "I think they have a beautiful baby, and they are happy and so am I. What's bad about that? I don't see any problem with that."

Reed has documented her times hanging out with "team Nian," as she playful dubbed Somerhalder and Dobrev, including a dinner gathering a few months before the couple's daughter was born.

"Can't believe how time flies," she captioned a picture. "Farewell dinner with team Nian! So good catching up with these goofballs. All ❤"

Somerhalder also posted a picture from the evening in February 2018, taking an opportunity to snuff rumors "about 'friends backstabbing friends,' and 'cheating exes'"

"So here's to putting an end to all those fake stories of on set jealousy, betrayal, made-up-friendships lost & women hating women," Dobrev wrote.