Hotel California Part II

Mal gives Mickey to Marcy so she can feed her but keeps Mally away so he doesn't see and want his turn too early. He kisses his daughter's curly head before going back to the others.

Marcy lifts her top and bra to feed Mickey. The soccer girls are mesmerized. "Am I the statue of Aphrodite?! Get to work!"

They snap to and get back to training.

Marcy runs her finger over Mickey's creamy cheek with a peaceful smile.

Shelby wanders over and sits in the grass next to her, groaning a bit. I'm definitely getting older... "Hi."

"Hello." Marcy kisses Mickey's cheek, causing the infant to smile around her nipple.

Shelby smiles. "They're a year old and still feed from you?"

"They're six months." Marcy frowns.

Shelby's eyes double in size. "Six months?!"

"They're big, aren't they? I breastfeed and I'm trying to get them on solids."

Chubby, chubby! Shelby blows out a breath. "I wish I could have breastfed."

"Rachel or Beth?"

Shelby snaps her gaze to Marcy but the green eyed mother is still focused on her daughter. "You know about Rachel?"

"Mercy and Q told me. I think even Q feels sorry for her about you. And I don't blame her. With the way you did her, I'm not that shocked about how she turned out and the way she acts. Rachel. Not Beth."

Shelby feels attacked. "How would you know about what happened between Rachel and I?"

"Me and Rachel. And Rachel told Mercy, who told me. It doesn't take much to read in between the lines. You're not her mother? But you did who knows how much dirt to get on her radar and as soon as she starts reaching out, you fuck off with someone else's daughter. Mom of the year."

Shelby swallowed hard. "You don't know! You don't know how hard it was-!"

"To what? Give away your flesh and blood? To ignore her until you need her? Oh yeah. Rachel told Mercy you couldn't have anymore natural kids so that's why you wanted her so bad but then you realized she was a whole fucking person and you wanted no part of it because you couldn't mold her into your exact likeness.

So you get a baby. A baby that had a mother who needed to be smacked into realizing what you did all too late. You love your child but who wants to deal with a teenager with thoughts and feelings and opinions? Might as well start over and do everything over with someone else's baby.

Rachel might be screwed up but not all of that is her dads' faults. Half her DNA comes from you and there's going to be parts of you she'll never be able to get rid of but fuck all that, huh?

Because she's not a cute innocent baby- anymore.

When you came back here, why? Because Rachel told Mercy that she rarely saw you. Did you do it to rub it in all three of their faces? Rachel's, Quinn's and Puck's?

Cuz that's cold as hell and if someone your age is still playing these childish ass games, we need to call CPS immediately.

Rachel should totally hate you and at the rate you're going, Beth is going to hate you."

Shelby blinks, overwrought with emotion. She tries to speak but has to swallow a few times. "But I can't be her mother. It's too late."

"Did you die within the incredibly tiresome but small amount of time we've been talking? Did Rachel? It's not too late until one of you dies or she says it's too late.