Boy Bands

Coach Sylvester raises her bullhorn. "Who's first?!"

Coach Washington eyes her. "They better be good."

Coach Sylvester rolls her eyes.

Marcy takes her jacket off and slips off her heels. She puts her socks back on as Mike yells at the fact that she's exposed. The boys have come for moral support.

She ignores him and flips from where she is to where she wants to be. She jumps before landing hard and clapping. She nods to Quinn, who plays her song.

Marcy begins to move, at one with the beat. She loses herself in the music and she's just moving. She adds stunts then remembers that she's supposed to be cheering so she calls out some rhyming nonsense.

When she's done, she stretches over backwards before sitting cross-legged in the grass. "So?"

Both coaches are slack-jawed.

"Well?"

"How do you do that?!" Coach Washington demands.

"I'm a dancer and I used to be a gymnast."

She glares at both Marcy and Coach Sylvester. "She's got my vote."

Coach Sylvester can feel the terrible smile overtaking her face. She can practically feel the Internationals trophy in her hands. "Welcome to the team, Patti!"

Marcy uncrosses her legs and stands up in a way that cracks her back but looks totally painful. She walks to the bleachers to sit down.

"Next!"

Mercedes gets up and goes to stand in front of the older women.

Quinn turns on her music and mimics her moves from the sidelines.

Mercedes begins to move and pictures herself back in a center in front of judges. She remembers to smile and make eye contact while keeping her moves crisp.

Then she remembers that she's supposed to be cheering and adds one from Coach Sylvester's playbook.

When she's done, Coach Sylvester frowns at her. "Could you always do that?!"

"Yes." Mercedes fans her chest.

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"You wanted me to sing."

Coach Sylvester scowls. "You're back on the team!"

"Hey!" Coach Washington raises a hand. "You made it."

Mercedes shakes her head. What has she just gotten herself into?

Tina races over to replace her. She practiced as much as possible during lunch and her free period and she's sure she can nail this routine.

She begins moving and follows the script the Unholy Trinity laid out for her. It falls into her wheelhouse and shows off her moves without her killing herself.

When she's done, Coach Sylvester stares. "Can you all move?!"

Tina jumps up and down as Mike claps hard. "Does that mean I made it?!"

The coaches look at each other before looking at her. "You made it."

"Yay!" Tina runs to throw herself on Mike.

"Next!"

Kurt gets up. He's not as confident about his routine but at least he knows he can do it. So he does. He tries to pour as much enthusiasm into the performance as possible to cover any flaws.

The coaches look at each other, just staring. Suddenly they look at Kurt. "You're in!"

Kurt almost faints with relief. He goes to Blaine and wraps around him. "That was the scariest moment of my life."