Chasing Solitude

Riker pov.

I really didn't want that to happen. I really didn't but I guess bottled up emotion can explode sometimes. I paced across the floor of bedroom which I conveniently frost traveled to in my frustration. What is going to happen now? I let out a sigh and flopped onto my bed. Now I just blew it. Knowing them they probably figured out who I once was and won't stop bothering me once they see me.

I probably will have to move or maybe find a job some where new. Which is probably a good idea. I stared at the wooden ceiling while i contemplated a new place to work. Living in Canada was as far as I could get without completely moving to Alaska. Moving there would drain my energy more and since the others or more immortal demigods than minor gods like me. . . they won't be as disabled as me. Not that I rely on my powers to much but . . . still I have been using them to get around too much.

 I maybe should move to Texas there is a lot of humidity there that will help with mist travel. I might want to polish up on me spear skills. When experimenting with my powers I summoned a godly weapon, a two pronged spear.

It was a icy blue with frost covering it. I didn't mind that though. The blade part was see-through and sharp to the touch. I could summon it at will and after throwing it, it kind of worked lime Thor's hammer in the movies, and came back to me if I wanted it too. It wasn't Riptide, but this somehow was better. Maybe using a sword was my second choice item, and a spear the first. I just never tried one because I always had Riptide with me. I really was too dependent on that sword. 

I sighed then slowly got off my bed and stood up. Walking to my closet I grabbed out my suitcases, I always had them on hand when I first became a god. Made traveling a lot easier. Then I opened up my dresser and began to pick out clothes I was going to keep. I filled one with just T-Shirts and the other with my pants, underwear, socks, and pj's. I had left a bunch of stuff out but that could always be solved by going to a clothing store.

I wasn't going to take any of the coats except my nice thermal one. I figured that I wouldn't need one too much unless it rained. I did stuff a few jackets in with the shirts though. I couldn't let some of them go. I dragged both suitcases to the kitchen then walked back into my room. I gazed around at what had been my bedroom for awhile. It was played teal and white, with a few paintings on the wall. I was going to miss it. I walked back to the closet and grabbed my backpack. I then just started filling it with the things I was going to keep. I then tied a pair a shoes to it and placed it next too my suitcases. All that was left was extra clothing, the paintings, and the furniture. I didn't  want to keep the paintings since they probably won't match the new room I would be in.

I made sure I had my phone and wallet, essential of the mortal world, before grabbed everything and walking out the door. I unlocked my phone as I stood on the front porch. I was requesting an Uber driver to the city, where I could find a hotel to temporary stay in while I went house hunting. Moving out of state would probably be a good idea. Whose knows what those immoral demigods will do.

I shoved my phone back into my pockets and sat on one of my suitcases. I started to ponder of what I should next. Maybe I should move to Wyoming or perhaps North Dakota. I wanted to go there when I was little. Or possibly I should take a wilderness approach and live off the land and a national park.

"Ping" I pulled out my phone and glanced at it. I read that an Uber driver would be here in about twenty three minutes. A bit long, but I guess I didn't live exactly close to town. I went to the google app and started typing. No use in doing nothing, might as well start house hunting now.

Sorry for making you guys wait so long. I have been a bit busy. Just to let you know updates will be irregular but i will keep trying, but keep on reading! Hope you enjoyed!