43

I do not like King at the moment but I care about Grace and she needs him.

Karla stared at the sentence in disappointment. Desman was already gone and she was back in her office with nothing, no evidence. She had blew her cover and she was sure her lieutenant was going to be very upset. If Desman didn't open his mouth, she was going to be forced to step down from the case but she was determined to get King Soto underneath the prison- or 6 feet underneath dirt.

But months of trying had left her defeated. The man was impossible to touch and she was just going to wait patiently to see his face behind the cold, steel bars.

Two weeks later,  Grace was pacing the floor of the bedroom. She was still on edge about her findings. Every abnormal thing that happened to her body, she began to think a baby was growing. She attempted to think of the way she felt when she was actually pregnant. It had slipped her mind and she was extremely fearful of what would happen.

Valerie entered the bedroom with a smile. "Hey, someone is downstairs for you."

"OK." Grace said before grabbing her bag. She thought it was Michigan because they had plans to take Michigan's small cousins to the beach. They just really needed to talk as well about what had been going on. As Grace descended down the staircase, her eyes nearly fell at the sight of Sammy's muscular build and wide smile.

King and him were conversing near the foyer. King had a pleasant smile covering his face and so did Valerie, which Grace found weird. She proceeded to greet Sammy wondering why he would leave college just to come see her. For whatever reason, it actually made her feel important and special.

"What's up? Can we step out real quick?" Sammy asked. Grace obliged, opening the door and saying she'd be back to her grandparents.

Sammy took a seat on the porch swing. "I never realised how much I missed you."

"You miss me? Why? We were puppy love." Grace replied, knowing that they were far from puppy love. They had really gotten to know each other. Well, she had gotten to know him. Sammy seemed hurt by her response but he continued. It was just easier to mask her true feelings than giving him the advantage to change her mind about how she felt with Desman. No other man was even close to him in her eyes.

"I don't think that... I was in love with you and I thought maybe distance would give us time to mature and see how we liked other people. I realise now that I don't like having to look into any other girl's eyes. None of them have the same personality as you. They all have filters and are on my team because they think that someday I'll be some professional basketball player with lots of money. I miss having my girl to cuddle with after studying and just play fighting, and texting all day and night. I miss us, man, and I'm willing to do whatever to get that back."

"You really love me like that?" Grace was at lost for words. She looked into his deep brown eyes and saw that he was sincere. She was unsure at that moment. Sammy made her question if what she felt for Desman was simply lust. Grace shyly looked away and contemplated if she was just being played. It was so random. Sammy just didn't come around and say he loved her for nothing.

"Did King send you? What are you getting out of this?"

"You." And he leaned in with that masculine cologne and she fell in love with her high school sweetheart all over again, yet Desman was still at the back of her head. She couldn't do that to him, or better yet, their possibly unborn child. But she was torn between the two, wanting to satisfy King and satisfy herself as well.

Destinny hugged Desman before grabbing her luggage, blowing a kiss then departing. He watched her go with a frown upon his face. A couple days ago Destinny received a call from her real biological father, which shocked both her and Desman. They never knew that their mother had been with a different man. Her father booked her the closest plane ticket to first class and she was leaving to Philadelphia the following day.

She was only going to see him and see how she liked it, and she'd possibly be moving there.

"Call me when you land! I love you!" he called behind her back.

Desman was relieved to see that Grace hadn't contacted him as he walked to his car. After their last encounter, he felt horrible. He felt like he was taking advantage of her. But she was a great sex partner, so young and willing to experience. Desman just hoped that King hadn't found out and maybe he and Grace could keep in touch from time to time.

Things were looking well and drama had been non-existent. Dominic was taking his chance with Tiara. She had been acting cool for the past few weeks, coming around whenever she could, cooking and cleaning, and visiting his mother's grave from time to time with him. He was satisfied and he had managed to get in touch with Camino, who informed him he was taking therapy sessions and would be moving to the islands to help Montego out soon.

Rosie had her household back to normal, still working and receiving calls from a begging Jeremy. She was so over him and was planning to move soon with her money collected. Soon, she knew blessings were coming her way and that things would be cool. In the meantime, she was taking one step at a time.

But, then again, who wasn't?

I apologise for the slow updates.