33

The next morning, Rosie awoke to see that Jeremy was resting beside her. She stared at him wondering when he had made it in. She didn't come in until the wee hours of the morning because the club was busy. She knew that Jeremy was out handling business and that made her happy. She was ready to see him put forth some effort into the household.

No man wanted to feel like his woman was providing for him.

After washing her teeth and bathing, Rosie proceeded to making Jeremy breakfast. She slaved over the stove with her mouth watering from the aroma. Because Jeremy was finally getting onto his A game, she wanted to make him feel like the king he was. Rosie was never lazy in any of her relationships and she did the best she could, but all men were the same but Jeremy just felt different.

As expected, the meal turned out good. She gathered his plate and drink then carried it to their bedroom. He was still resting with his face buried deep into the plush pillows. She giggled lightly then sat the food on the end table near his side of the bed. Poking his back, she cooed his name.

Jeremy groaned. "I got a headache. Leave me alone."

Jeremy had a rough night. After getting drunk with Destinny, he fucked her silly then drove home, nearly crashing several times.

Rosie sighed then he sat up swiftly, knocking her onto the floor with his movement. She stood up ignoring it as a mistake. "A nigga can't come home and just rest after moving dope all night? Damn! Just leave me alone and go find me some Ibuprofen and ginger ale. Why you got to be messing with a nigga and shit all the time?!"

Rosie's tears sprang from her eyes as she stood there. Her feelings were hurt from him screaming, but that didn't cause her tears. The huge hickey covering his neck was very noticeable and it was a painful sight for her to look at. She turned away.

Grace stared at the blood covering her grandfather's guest bedroom's sheets. She attempted to wipe it all out with the raggedy wash rag but it only stayed giving her arm a ache, and upsetting her. Her tears fell from her eyes as she slid down the side of the bed, her damp hand covering her stomach.

Dominic had chose the worst time to leave her alone. She was pregnant but had miscarried and she felt horrible for even not paying attention to the signs. Her period had not showed itself and the sickness. It all made sense but it didn't make sense that she would wake up in the puddle of blood, and no baby...

Valerie knocked on the door after hearing her small whimpers. "Are we good in there?"

Grace didn't answer. She slammed the palm of her hand against her forehead with her tears continuing to create a soaking spot on her sports bra. The rag she had used laid beside her thigh. She grabbed it swiftly and stared at the painful sight, her blood staining the entire material.

She text messaged Dominic once again. "I hate u!!!"

It was only her hormones acting up because the text message before that read, "I love you! Call me baby and talk to me, I need u and I want to work things out. I forgive u."

The text messages and calls were never returned. That made her feel as dumb as she knew she looked. He was probably laying next to someone else at the moment and she hoped that he wasn't. Still, she knew he was never the type to mourn over something lost. He would move on even if it affected him deep but as bad as Dominic treated her, Grace felt that she needed him. They had grown so close that she wasn't sure how to function with him.

"Oh, my God, you miscarried!" Valerie covered her mouth in surprise before racing off to find the nearest phone, and her husband.

Grace sighed while closing her eyes wishing that they'd close forever.

Dominic was leaving Simone's home when something told him to check his phone. He had been avoiding it all night because he knew Grace had been blowing him up. As bad as he wanted to be, he knew he couldn't stay mad at her for long. That still didn't change the fact that he wasn't taking anymore with chances with her, and that she needed to move on from him.

Their relationship had affected him in the worst. Dominic felt it was best that he worked on himself. He had turned into his father without even knowing it. Cheating, blowing money fast, and beating on the girl who had his back? All those things were the actions of his father. Dominic was about to try his hardest to change what he had become, but it still didn't take it away from his past.

He answered Michigan's incoming call, "What?! You the reason I'm where I'm at now."

He knew that she was not the person to blame. For some reason, she seemed like the perfect person to pinpoint but he should've been upset with himself. She didn't put her hands on Grace and break her heart.

"Look, Nic, now isn't the time.. Mama told me to phone you and tell you to swing by. She has some news for you." Michigan replied, her voice shaky from the tears she was crying.

Dominic sighed before ending the call and then changing into the direction of Michigan's home.

Although, he knew that the news was important, he would've never been prepared for what he heard. He would've never felt so guilty in his life or been so apologetic and broken. The months he had spent disliking his mother's decision he should've used to love her. Never did he know that his last time seeing her or even speaking to her would be on bad terms. The worst way to have your loved ones leave is without them knowing you loved them.

Dominic vowed to always tell his family exactly how much he loved them because losing his mother only opened his eyes even wider. A change was necessary at the moment, and he needed Grace just as bad as she needed him to assure him that karma was only a joke.

Rosie watched Jeremy leave with another bag full of marijuana. She looked down at her manicured feet while contemplating what she would do with the situation. He had ate his breakfast then showered, and left. No goodbye or I love you. She felt so silly for ever putting him on and allowing him to manipulate her like the others.

Tying her robe, she pulled herself together then prepared to get ready for work. As she did so, his rude tone and choice of words picked at her. She knew that she couldn't keep her anger in forever. Rosie wanted to believe that she was tripping and she wanted to just ignore it. Still, small voices became louder and her anger just got worse.

" Él me engaña mama!" She wiped at her falling tears as she cried to her mother.

"Rosita, calm down. Are you all right? Have you been taking your medication?" Her mother instantly became worried, noting that someone had hurt her daughter. That was never good news. Ever since she was a young girl and they had come to Florida, she had been being bullied. The kids teased her up until she graduated, and it was at sixteen that her parents realised she had a multiple mood affective disorders.

The young girl constantly lied, did things to get attention, and searched for comfort. Rosie had been on her best behavior for Jeremy. She loved him. She was waiting patiently to advise him of her disorder but she was glad the truth come out. He was a cheating dog and she didn't need no damn medication. That medication, alone, drove her crazy enough.

But off of it, she was even crazier and he didn't realise that he had just became a target for a psychotic person.