20

For those who do not know who Camino is, read back to Chapter 29 & 30 of God's Temple. If you're having problems getting to it or just being lazy, he was Montego's closest friend and the one who killed London.

Dominic laid in bed, flipping through channels. He was waiting for 7 O' clock to hit so he could go to work. It was only five in the afternoon. Grace was cooking as he tried to find a good movie to watch. Suddenly, the room door opened and she walked in dressed in her work uniform.

He smiled at her. She looked over-worked. "What's up, baby?"

"Just tired. We have to talk when you get back home. OK?"

He became worried. "We can talk right now. I got enough time."

Grace sighed heavily. "OK. I spoke to your mom and she was telling me about your dad. I don't know him personally and I have no clue why you dislike him so much. I just don't want you to disown him any longer or put him out of your life. Dominic, I don't have a dad and it hurts to not have someone to lean on and have someone support you.. All I'm trying to say is tomorrow isn't promised. Try to forgive him and at least hold a respectable relationship with the man."

Dominic shook his head. "Here we go. He took me whole future away from me. I couldn't go to college because his dumb ass took my tuition money without our knowledge. The nigga was out in the city flaunting my future around, buying new cars and cheating on my mom! I could never respect a man who betrayed his family! Our stories are different. Your dad died but mine is alive and well, and I hope he rots in that prison cell."

Grace took a deep breath. Sharon didn't give her full insight to the whole thing. She had never seen Dominic so pissed. It actually scared her. She thought, at any given moment, he was going to go back to the old him. It was a dead issue and she wasn't bringing it up anymore, or even defending herself.

Dominic continued, "Now she in your head? She's telling you this and that. Don't believe her. She's so dumb in love that she's about to spend all of her retirement money to get him home. My mom's a lost cause. Sometimes I think I'm better off with both of them gone than have them here. Neither of 'dem care about me or my well-being."

Grace stared at him as he bit on his bottom lip. "Sharon loves you, how can you sit here and dismiss everything she has done for you? I just wish you would stop being selfish! You're still doing fine without college! The man is sorry for everything he has done. It was his past!"

Dominic stood up, causing her to take her seat again. "That's besides the point! I wanted to go and do something with my diploma! That shit is just something on my wall now. I had to result to drug dealing before I got a real job. I was out there risking my life with a fucking diploma just to feed myself every night."

"You didn't have to. You did it because you wanted to. Sharon was begging you to stop and you had it good when it came to her, but you just wanted to sell drugs! You can still do something with that diploma! Stop trying to blame everyone else but yourself for not working hard enough to get into college."

Dominic shoved past her. He went to his dresser to begin getting his outfit out. The argument was redundant to him. He had no reason to listen to her any longer. Grace was slightly glad that he gave up with the arguing. She was unhappy with the fact that Dominic wasn't agreeing to go. She wanted to make Sharon happy but she wanted to help repair their father-son relationship.

Sharon wasn't surprised to hear the news. Once Camino called, she explained to him what she had tried to do. He didn't take the news so well because he needed to see his son, badly. Sighing as he ranted, she flipped through her mail, an envelope from his lawyer catching her eye.

She ripped it open then began reading through the entire letter. "I have good news if you'd calm down."

"What?" Camino spat, annoyed.

"Your lawyer is saying that his investigation is going good so far. He spoke to the judge personally and that they're looking at your time. You're one step closer to being home. Then, you can see Dominic without restraints or glass holding you back. We could work all of this out and finally get you what you've wanted all these years- a relationship with our son."

Camino grinned, "You're right. He can't avoid me forever."

Desman knocked on the door of Dominic's home. He heard shuffling before the door opened. Grace smiled back at him. He couldn't hold his smile back after seeing how beautiful she looked. She was dressed in a teal, mini boho dress. Her hair was braided into two French braids. As she opened the door wider, he looked around the apartment.

It was definitely nice. "How are you affording this?"

"It's my boyfriend's. I'm just stepping in and helping somewhat until I can get my own."

"You're always welcome to stay with me if you have any issues. I'm here for you at all times. Destinny may have been a bitch to you but it's different with me. When you lose family, you learn to start telling them you love them everyday. And Grace... I love you."

Grace smiled. That simple gesture was enough to cause him to want to confess his real love. She was no kin to him, nor was she under the age. Seventeen was a bit risky but as soon as she hit eighteen, he would tell her how he really felt. He wouldn't have to wait long because he remembered her birthday perfectly.

Desman was slightly jealous that Dominic had the benefit of waking up to her every morning. He was a young boy. Although they had never met, he knew from Grace that Dominic had a bad temper. Desman knew that if he ever hurt Grace there was going to be hell to pay. He could easily make Dominic's life a living hell.

After doing his research, he found out that Dominic had quite a record. He didn't even understand how the boy had managed to maintain a job or a high-priced home. All he knew was that if he felt that Dominic was so much as a threat, he'd mention it to his close friend, officer Hillsboro.

"Thanks, Des. I don't think it will be necessary though. He treats me good."

"All boys do... in the beginning."

"Yeah, but I've been knowing him since I was young."

"You're still young. What do you mean?" Desman joked, lightening up the mood. He could tell she was about to go in defense mode for her man.

Grace smiled. "No, like pre-teen years. We just have that bond that's complicated. We might break up here and there but we're still official even when we aren't official. It's a teen thing. You're too old to understand."

"Youth has no age, baby girl. I might be in my 30's but I can still turn up like I'm in my 20's." Desman argued, with a friendly smile. Grace shook her head.

"You're so funny. Anyways, you think him and I can come over someday and you can cook while we swim?"

Desman nodded. "Yeah, so I can size this little boyfriend of yours up. See if I have to get out my boxing gloves."

Grace nodded. "Sure, I bet you can't even keep up with him."

"You just don't know," Desman replied, smirking before sipping his bottle of water.