1

"This is where we live. I know you're not used to this but it's beautiful, right? I worked hard to get you here. I worked hard to get us here. How do you feel about it?" Destinny boasted about her home that she shared with her boyfriend.

Grace stared around in awe. It was very colorful and big, she liked it all for the most part. It smelled of Vanilla and cranberries. She inhaled the scent simultaneously walking through. The wooden floors barely creaked beneath her small foot. She loved the whole place, and how warm it was.

The large Windows gave her a vivid view to the foggy city. She pressed her face against the glass, her mouth curving into a smile. Her eyes could make out each building she never got to view from the foster home. Her eyes widened at the city festival going on. She yearned to go there and ride each rollercoaster until she had headaches.

Her smile widened as she pointed to the place. Destinny stopped pouring her cup of orange juice. She walked over and looked at the city festival. She had been there once since it had came. It was exciting. She nodded her head, "We'll go tonight. Come on, let's see your room."

Grace went for her bags but Destinny kicked them aside. "Girl, please. I'm not putting you in that granny shit. You can rock a few of my old clothes until we can get you some more. It shouldn't be long."

They approached the bedroom. It was painted in a nice shade of bright yellow. The bed sheets were all white and the bed was big. Grace walked over to it, sitting on the edge. She asked, "Why do I have all this?"

"Because your mom was my bitch. We didn't always agree, but I always looked out for her. Now that you here, I need to look out for you. You're my niece and all. What's mine is yours. We're about to enjoy what I shook my ass for. Take a shower then come to my room so I can do your head."

She gently pushed Grace towards the bedroom. Grace walked inside of the bathroom and turned to the long mirror. She stared at herself. Her jet black hair was braided into the usual, messy French braid. She still had her twelve year- old body. It wasn't developing how she would've liked but she thought she was pretty nonetheless.

The water was hot! It wasn't warm or freezing cold, but hot and she enjoyed the heat. The washcloth was yellow, just like her room, and was plush. She even had her own body wash that smelled so good. She ran her soap covered body under the steaming hot water once more. After that long shower, Grace wrapped herself in a comfortable towel.

She looked around her room for night clothes. She opened her closet doors. It was completely empty besides a hamper. She walked over to the mahogany dresser beside her bed. She opened the top to see tiny bras and small, colorful underwear. She slipped into a training bra and then slightly matching underwear.

After finding no more clothes, she decided to just wrap her towel around herself and go get her clothes. She knew her aunt wouldn't mind her grabbing a T-shirt. She entered the hallway to hear the shower running. Destinny was bathing as well.

Grace walked to the living room. She stopped dead in her tracks to see four to five men counting money, and conversing. One stared at her then nudged the other. Soon, all attention was on her. She shook beneath her towel, afraid to move.

"What's up?" The tallest stood. "What you need?"

She pointed to her suitcase. The other man passed it over and the tallest man handed it to her. He had an intimidating look about him. He was very tall, around 6'4", and he had dark brown, small eyes. His eyebrows were furrowed as his large hand held the suitcase. His hair was twisted into individual twists that were hanging down his back. He handed her the suitcase and she scrambled away.

Grace ran to Destinny's room and shut the door, locking it. Destinny turned to her.

"There are men out there."

Destinny smiled. "Don't worry, baby, that's your Uncle Jeremy. He doesn't  mean any harm towards you, baby."

"Are you sure?" Grace inquired, feeling uneasy. Destinny nodded then pulled Grace over to her bathroom, making her face the mirror. She smiled while undoing the hideous braid. It was not cute to her. She ran her manicured fingernails through Grace's kinky roots, showing her how she looked with her hair down. Grace smiled.

"You look just like London."

"Who?" Grace asked, scrunching her face up.

Destinny's smile faded. She patted Grace's shoulder, replying, "I'll tell you another time. Lets get ready for the festival. Uncle Jeremy is going to take us there."

"I am?" The tall man leaned against the doorway. Destinny nodded.

"Duh, dumb ass. Remember, you promised?"

"Destinny, you better watch your mouth. Don't forget who pays bills around here. I didn't even know this little girl was coming today. I already got plans."

Grace sighed.

"Well, you're going to cancel because I planned this before your friends decided to make a meeting tonight. She need to get to know both of us. After all, she is our niece and she deserve to feel at home."

Jeremy mumbled, "She ain't no relative of mine." He disappeared with that. Grace knew that she would find it hard to dislike him. Meanwhile, Destinny was treating her like the little girl she never had. And Grace felt that she wasn't doing a good job of it.