21

Destinny knocked lightly on Michigan's door. A woman yelled before the door was swung back. She faced Michigan's mom, Mona, a weak smile on her face. Mona wasn't impressed. She thought it was another one of the stuck up employees her landlord had sent out.

"If you here for rent money, she knows I don't get paid until the tenth. I tell her that all the time." Mona fussed.

"No, no, no. I'm here to speak to Michigan. I'm looking for my niece Grace."

Mona shook her head. "Michigan isn't here. She told me she was with Grace..."

Destinny looked around. "Grace is missing. We got into an argument and she ran off. Things have been rough for us. I just need to find her because I have some disturbing news."

Mona shrugged. "Well, I'm sorry but I think Michigan may have lied to me. I could call her phone but I doubt she'll answer. I do know that they were meeting up at the arcade. She always tell me where she going just in case shit goes wrong. She just don't tell me who she is gon' be with."

Destinny listened to her ramble from the doorway. Mona returned with the house phone in her hand. She punched the keys, dialing Michigan's cellphone. She pressed it to her ear as Destinny took in a deep breath. She needed to find Grace or she was going to have problems.

Michigan felt her phone vibrating as she took Malik's manhood further into her mouth. She knew it was her mom calling to ask her whereabouts. She did tell her she was going to the arcade with Grace, and she did go to the arcade but Malik picked her up. They ended up at his house in his bedroom making out on the bed, which eventually led to her giving him a blowjob.

"Don't answer it." He placed his hand near the nape of her neck.

Michigan pulled away then grabbed her phone from her bag. He kissed his teeth out of aggravation. She answered, "Yes?"

"Are you with Grace? I have her aunt here and she's looking for her."

"Uh-"

"Your little fast ass is with some boy! Get back to this house right now. If I have to come out, I'm kicking yours and his ass. Hurry up."

The call ended. Malik had heard everything. He was stuffing himself back in his pants. After hearing her mother's tone of voice, his erection went away. He didn't take kindly to threats plus his mother would be home at any minute. He didn't want to risk her having to see Michigan because she had caught her once before. His mother despised Michigan for the simple fact that she was sneaky.

"Can you take me home, please?"

"Can drive you halfway." he answered, dissatisfied.

"What? Malik, I don't have a way. I can't walk in this heat. Look at me." She turned around towards him as he attempted to straighten his bedroom up. He had clothes and shoes everywhere, and she peeped the condom wrappers.

Malik shrugged. "You have gas? No, so I'm doing you a favor by even taking you that far."

"I'll give you gas money."

He nodded. "Then, you got a full ride. Let's go before Mama come back."

As they exited the bedroom, his phone rang. Michigan continued to walk down the staircase until he roughly snatched her back, throwing her into the hall closet. She was speechless as he stuffed her in there. He attempted to tell her something but the door was burst wide open, and there stood his mother with her bags in her hand. Her eyes travelled up to the two of them and the smile instantly dropped.

"What are you doing here? Malik, what is she doing here?"

"Ma, she just came by to tell me-"

"That I'm pregnant and he's going to be on child support," Michigan finished. She shoved past Malik and then walked out of their house. Nobody wanted her or her baby.

Grace twirled the ends of her hair around her index finger, while watching the comedy show. It was officially going on four-thirty in the afternoon the following day and Dominic had not made it home. She had been waiting impatiently for him to return so she could apologise. He would have been gone for a full day if he didn't make it home before seven.

She became bored with waiting so she decided she would just go down to his job. It was a Sunday. School would be starting again and she would have to go back to the boring routine. All she wanted was at least two minutes with him. The argument was pointless and she wasn't about to let his selfishness tear them apart.

Grace hopped into the back of the taxi cab, directing him to Dominic's job. She knew he worked in a auto mechanic company. They were a very busy place but they paid him well. He was doing good enough to afford a condo, plus he had went to school for it and was still planning on educating himself further, meaning he got paid more. It was a big come up from selling drugs.

Grace watched the driver becoming nervous as he got closer to the job. She pulled out her phone to let Dominic know she was coming. She text messaged him then realised they were arriving. Pulling out her few dollars, she passed it to the man then hopped out.

There weren't many people around. Adjusting her pale pink tunic dress, she walked up to the entrance of the business. There were the loud sounds of drilling and more as she walked further inside. A man noticed her and immediately came over with a warming smile on his face. He held out his hand, "I'm Robert, what can I help you with, beautiful?"

"I'm here to see a mechanic by the name of Dominic."

"He's actually helping someone else but I'll inform him that you're here."

She nodded, taking a seat as he walked away. The sounds became annoying as she sat with her phone in her hands. She heard giggling and a familiar voice. Grace looked up from her phone screen then craned her head to peek around the corner. There was no need as Dominic rounded the corner with a woman walking by his side, her purse hanging from her arm.

"What's up?" Grace asked, a forced smile on her face.

The lady mugged Grace before turning to Dominic. "Well, Dominic, I just hope you can fix my car so I can treat you out to daiquiris. Don't forget to call me when it's ready. Have a nice day."

Grace clenched her jaw before stepping in. "That's nice, baby, I might have to work but we can always reschedule. Can't we?"

Dominic froze as Sonya pulled her lip up in a cocky smile. She glanced over at him then sighed heavily to save him the trouble. She wanted to prove that she was trustworthy. "It's a date then. I'm sure you and your sister will love it. Have a nice day."

Grace kissed her teeth as Sonya exited. She turned to Dominic. 'Who is that?"

"Why you bring my dad up?" Dominic responded.

Grace sighed. "Answer my question. Are you seeing her behind my back?"

"Answer my question. Do you really want me to have to risk my job because of your insecurity?"

Grace glared at him. She was angry, very, but she also loved him. And she didn't want to be home alone anymore. But she also didn't feel like she was putting her foot down because in a matter of seconds, she was in his embrace, taking in every sweet word he mumbled.