7

PLEASE READ MY NEW AUGUST ALSINA FANFIC AND SUPPORT

Monday it was back to the normal. She was back to working hard to complete the semester, and working after school. She would go see Sammy but they never said much to each other. His parents were rarely there due to work, but she looked out for him as much as she could. But the upcoming Wednesday was different.

Grace entered the hospital room, untying her hair from its knotted ponytail. Sammy was sitting up in bed, finishing up on some schoolwork she bought him. She sat her things down then pulled out her books. It was more like study hall than anything. They did their work together, then she said her goodbyes to him.

Sammy counted on his fingers before scribbling something down. Grace looked back at her textbook, reading the highlighted text. They sighed in unison. She finally spoke, "Have you ate today?"

"Juice and some pie." He continued to work.

"I bought you a sandwich from the store. I figured you might be hungry," she replied, smiling a little. He stared up at her then closed his book.

"I am. Thank you."

"You're welcome." Grace sat the sandwich down then watched him unwrap it. She had made it for him, and he devoured it in just a few minutes. She proceeded to do her work, putting it away after becoming tired.

She stood up, adjusting her bag. "I think I'm going to go. I'm so tired," she informed him. Sammy nodded.

"I'll see you."

She sighed, before walking to the door. Her conscious was ripping at her. How could she allow her relationship to end this way? What was she ever thinking? Eight months worth of petty disagreements, long phone calls, and pure happiness was worth it. She needed him to know that she still had feelings for him but she made a mistake.

Grace swallowed her pride. She had never said this to anyone. No one had ever said this to her, including Destinny. "I love you."

Sammy stared at her, his facial expression blank. He looked more surprised than anything. She expected that. What she wasn't expecting was for him to simply nod. She gave him one long, last stare before walking out of the door. Her heart hurt to have him do her in such a poor manner.

Grace decided to walk home, not wanting to face Michigan. She had been bugging the whole week about Dominic. Grace told her that she didn't care about Dominic. Still, Michigan tried to push her friend to talk to him. They clearly weren't on the same page. She did her best to avoid that until it completely stopped.

The sun was slowly settling down, and more people were coming out. A few people held up the corner store wall, a few boys were posted near a neighborhood. She passed all of this on her way home with no issues.

She walked into her house. Jeremy and Destinny were watching a reality show. Lately, they had been doing better. She didn't know what had gotten into him, but he was always staying out of her way. He cleaned up, and stayed online searching for jobs. Things had definitely changed but she still disliked living there.

"Hey, we was just talking about you," Jeremy said. Destinny seemed more happy nowadays but at the moment, her face was contorted into concern. Jeremy smiled at her, motioning for her to come into the living room. Jeremy was glad to be the one to break the news. Destinny didn't want to do this to her non-biological niece but she didn't have a choice, otherwise Jeremy would ruin all three of their lives, that included the baby.

"We got good news and bad news," he continued, "And we didn't expect this to happen so soon and we definitely didn't plan for it, too. It's just that things happen. Anyways, your aunt is pregnant with my child, but we need more room. We understand that you're only seventeen, so we're giving you until after your eighteenth birthday. That gives you time to start getting things together."