32

Grace sulked in the tub full of hot-turned-cold water. She pulled at the thread of her wash rag while staring at her shaky fingers. The anger exploding throughout her bloodstream had silenced her. She had no words for the pain she had been put in, and it hurt her so deep but she could no longer be a victim.

Grace knew it was wrong to stay yet she couldn't keep saying she was going to leave only to stay. Dominic was trying to kill her and she was convinced that he would be successful in it one day. He was no longer her boyfriend but a monster who had lost his damn mind. Each time he reached to caress her, she flinched as if those once gentle hands were burning her skin.

Dominic felt just as bad. He didn't want Grace to be afraid of him. As he sat outside of the bathroom with his head in his hands, he reflected on the moments they had. He was her true high school sweetheart. She had given everything she had up just to be with him. Still, Dominic felt like she owed him more and he didn't know why he felt that he was missing something when it came to her all of a sudden.

His phone rang beside his leg but he ignored the continuous vibrating, staring off into nothing in particular. Just as he was getting into his zone thinking of causing another commotion, the bathroom door opened. He didn't know how long he had been sitting there in space. Once Grace appeared fully dressed and with her damp hair wrapped up, he knew it had to be a minute.

"Sleepy? Ready for bed?"

"Yes." Grace pulled the covers back on her side but Dominic quickly assisted her by fluffing the soft pillow. She stared at him as he did so, then rolled her eyes once he scooped her up off of her feet. Grace avoided meeting his eyes as he laid her on the firm mattress.

"Baby, I know you're mad," Dominic began his apologising, "But I didn't mean to hurt you. I am so, so sorry and I promise that I'm going to change for you. Just give me a chance and don't be so cold towards me. I'm still Nic and you still my baby, my life, the love of my life. Don't ever leave me because I promise that things are going to get better. That's on me, baby."

He pecked her lips. Grace sighed once he began to massage her crotch. She didn't need nor want his sex. She no longer found Dominic to be the least bit of attractive. He was a real dog and she wanted him to feel worse than he looked. Yes, Dominic had fallen off and she wished that whoever he dealt with on the side, saw that he was no good and the devil in disguise.

Grace knew there were other women but she wanted to overlook it all. Still, she didn't know what was out there or who therefore she stopped him just as he made it below her bellybutton.

"Baby, I'm fine. I'm just tired." She rolled over, her back facing him. Dominic felt rejected.

He wanted to yell and inquire why she was tired, who had she been with but he couldn't. He suddenly remembered that she had not been anywhere. She had been home, knocked out cold, probably fighting for her life. He took a deep breath then kissed her exposed shoulder before getting up then leaving her to rest.

"Hi, what are you up to?" Simone questioned just as soon as he answered.

"Simone... I've been meaning to talk to you. This can't go on anymore. I like you a lot but I love Grace. I'm trying to better myself as a man for her and this cheating just ain't worth losing the only woman who has ever had my back to the fullest."

Simone sighed. She understood that she was only a toy and that men used her then tossed her to the side. Although she never expected it to happen with Dominic, she still was prepared for it. Simone thought that he was very vulnerable and that he only wanted a lot of attention and love which someone had failed to give to him. She knew he was an angry, lost, immature male but she also knew that he had potential to become a real man someday and make another woman happy.