18

TWO WEEKS LATER

Tiara and Dominic held hands just outside the door of his apartment. After a late night shift at work, he finally answered her call. She pleaded for him to come get her and they went to a party she knew about. Long story short, Dominic ended up getting super drunk which lead her to taking him home.

"Girl, you can't c-come innn," Dominic laughed. She reached for his key but he held it above her reach. Tiara became annoyed quickly then sighed heavily, while crossing her arms over her chest. She was trying to get in and make up to him for her accusations.

Dominic turned to his door. "Go, girl, I got you for a taxi."

"No, I'm staying wit' you," Tiara disagreed. She quickly grabbed the keys then moved him aside. Dominic over-exaggerated his fall then slid down the wall, running his hands over his face. He cursed aloud which startled Tiara, who was fumbling with the lock.

Suddenly, the door was pulled back. Grace appeared in the doorway with her hair in a messy chignon. She squinted her eyes at Tiara, who was staring back at her in pure disbelief. Both of them looked back at one another for a good minute. It was an uncomfortable silence settling simultaneously Dominic tried to remove himself from the floor.

"I just bought him home," Tiara confessed, feeling low, "I guess you can take it from here."

Grace stepped out as Tiara tossed Dominic his keys. He groaned once Grace looked him in his face. She could see he was clearly drunk. Instead of helping him, she walked back into the apartment. She had no words for him. He was disrespectful as hell, and she just wanted to sleep.

The next morning the sun rose, the birds chirped, and people rushed to work. The city came alive again. In Dominic's apartment, Grace was making herself breakfast. Dominic was laying in his bed while dreading seeing her. He knew it was going to be a problem between the two of them. They could never just relax.

"Good morning," he called.

Grace looked back at him, throwing her head back. She then turned back to the stove, stirring the eggs in the pan. Dominic took a seat in the stool. He was prepared for her to trigger their first argument since they'd been living together.

"I'm not seeing Tiara if that's what you're thinking."

She shrugged. "Don't care. This is your place and you can do what you want. It's not like you didn't tell me you loved me just two weeks ago. Just go ahead and do you, baby boy."

"Are we really going to be petty and sugar coat shit?" he asked.

Grace turned to him. "Sugar coat? Me? No, no, no. Sugar coating is all you've been doing to her. C'mon, Dominic, you're fucking her. Just admit it so we can move past it! I mean, the girl looks in my face like I was out if place! Did you not tell her I was here, or better yet, did you tell her that you and me were nothing?"

"Like you said, it is my place. I shouldn't have to let her know who's here. And I did tell her we were nothing because we are. You can't even decide between me and your ex. I'm not about to be no punk and get played. I'm just gon' let you do your own thing. You always end up calling me when of them niggas hurt you, anyways."

She turned the isle down. Grace followed him out of the kitchen, continuing the argument, "You owe me some respect! I live here, too, and you know you can't just bring us around each other. The difference between our situation is I'm not leading Sam on. He knows we are only friends and when he doesn't respect it, I put him in his place! Can you say the same?"

"WE don't even have a title!" Dominic raised his voice. "You can't even tell me you love me back."

"I don't tell you because you do stuff like this! You still deal with your hos on the side! And you don't even care about my feelings because you still bring them around knowing the situation. It's almost like you want to hurt me just to do it. You do it because you know you're the only person I can count on to pick me up when I'm busted and disgusted."

"I don't do nothing on purpose. I'm confused. You never gave me a title, or explained how you feel about me. You can't expect me to read your mind and just do relationship shit! I'm single right now and as bad as I want to be with you, I know it's impossible. You've been fucked over too much by these other dudes that you can't even appreciate a real one."

Grace nodded her head. She wasn't ready to leave Sammy alone, but she was ready to stop arguing with Dominic. The time they had spent together made her realize their bond was strong, plus he really did love her. She was staying with him rent-free, he came to her side whenever she needed anything, and he missed out on a day of work just to take care of her during her menstrual. Sammy couldn't do that for her, let alone hold a door open for her.

"OK. This, me and you, is official. I don't want to have to see anymore females popping up or none of that. I'll treat you the same." Grace ordered. "And if you can't respect that then I'm honestly never trying again. I promise."

"And you got my promise on that." Dominic agreed. He walked over to her and snaked his arms around her waist. Grace jumped up onto him, wrapping her legs around his torso. She craned her neck just to give him a long, passionate kiss. Dominic, in return, caressed her bare cheek hanging from her pajama shorts.

Michigan sat in the hospital room. Her mother was in the opposite seat, typing away on her phone. She was livid. She didn't even know how to come to terms with the fact her daughter was possibly pregnant. It didn't surprise her but it definitely opened her eyes. Her daughter was a little ho. She couldn't even tell her who the father was.

"Hi, I'm back with your results. Sweetheart, you are definitely pregnant. There is one issue I would like to discuss with you. While running tests on the urine, I found an infection, possibly bacterial vaginosis. It's similar to a yeast infection, just slightly sometimes harder to get rid of."

Her mom's eyebrow arched. The man continued, "I have a prescription for you. It's safe for the baby and you. I just want you to come back to me after finishing the treatment. Once that is done, we will test your Ph level, which is being affected by this."

"Does it come from having sex?" Michigan looked over at her mother.

The doctor pursed his lips. "Sometimes having way too many sexual partners can affect the good bacteria in your vagina. This can happen to women who are not sexually active as well. Do not be scared."

Michigan blinked back a few tears before leaving her seat, then exiting the room. She wished she would've listened to her friend now. Pulling out her phone, she dialed Malik's number. She had been trying to get in touch with him all morning. Her chances were looking bad this time as well. Until, on the last ring, he answered in his groggy tone. "Ugh, what, girl?"

"And I'm sleep. I'll talk to you when I get up. Bye."

"Wait, Malik, for real. I'm pregnant and I'm scared. I don't have any money for an abortion. You're the dad.. Why can't you help me?" she replied, nearing tears again.

Malik sighed heavily. "Michigan, if you playing me, I swear on my dad's grave that I will slice your throat open. If you really pregnant and you positive it's mine, I want you to keep it."