36

Grace reluctantly nodded. "What's up?"

"I was just wanting to let you know that I still got your things at the condo... And that I do miss you, but I want you to move on right now because I'm going through something. I want you to keep in touch but I want you to be happy with somebody that deserves you. I love you..."

They hugged one another before she exited the room. Everyone downstairs glanced at her as she left. Her cheeks were red from embarrassment. She was sure that they knew Dominic was with her. The two had disappeared at the same time, and the attendees of the funeral had parted which let her know they were upstairs for a while.

Once she slid in, Michigan smiled. "Are you OK?"

"He broke up with me. I guess that no matter what I do, he just can't act right with me. This just says it's time for me to move on, for real, and I'm so hurt." She wiped her falling tear.

"You're right... But don't cry because you lost him, or because nothing is going the way you planned. He was only a lesson and you learned a lot from him. Grace, you're strong and I know you are tired of everyone walking in and leaving out but keep your chin up. Can you do that at least?"

"Yes." Grace replied completely honest. That was her last and final time dealing with Dominic. She did feel somewhat bad for not telling him about their unborn child. Then again she though that even if she did, it would only hurt him more. She decided to keep the secret between her, Valerie, and King.

Two weeks had passed since the funeral and Grace found herself spending more time with Michigan. They were just finishing baby shopping when she received a call. She looked at her phone to see it was Desman as Michigan crossed onto the freeway. "Yes?"

"What's up? Are you still wanting to go to a hookah bar tonight?"

"Yes." Grace replied.

"Cool, I'll get you when I get off. I have to get dressed then I'll come get you." She agreed then they ended their call.

Michigan asked, "New friend?"

"No, not at all." Grace replied, leaving her friend to wonder about exactly who was on her line.

Later that night, Grace fixed her curls once again and then slipped into her sexy outfit of choice. King was working late and Valerie was enjoying dinner with the neighbors. Grace began to take pictures of herself while patiently waiting. She knew Desman was taking her to more than a hookah bar and she was honestly prepared.

"Ready?" He entered her bedroom. She turned around, viewing him in his simple T-shirt, dark blue jeans, and sneakers. A gold watch complemented his wrist. He looked so much younger and that was one of the reasons Grace liked hanging with him. She didn't even view him as an uncle type, more like the brotherly type she could depend on for advice.

"Let's go." She held out her hand for him to take and they walked out of the bedroom, then home preparing for what she thought was going to be just a normal night.

Once they arrived at the titty club, Desman was able to get Grace in for free with his connections. They had gotten a VIP section with a couple of his friends. As they were enjoying lap dances, Grace treated herself to the bar. As she dug through her clutch for the card King had given her, a soft hand landed on her shoulder.

"Ma, I could treat you to the best drink they got if you willing to dance with me."

"Sure," she agreed while grabbing her things and following him to the crowded floor.

"I'm Grace. What's your name?" Grace questioned, while pressing her body into his.

She moved closer to him while her eyes scanned the crowd.

"Damion." It just so happened that she ran across Dominic chilling. A brown skin girl with many tattoos stood next to him. His arm was draped around her shoulder which fired Grace up. She knew he was only bouncing back onto sex and the club to distract himself.

Turning her attention back to Damion, they continued to dance to the music.