13

The birds chirped, singing a sweet tune. The sun was hidden behind the grey sky again. The ground was coated in the cool rain, giving the whole city a dull look. It matched perfectly with his mood, which was a mixture of peace and sadness. He wasn't sure what he was suppose to be doing at that moment. Desman sat at the foot of his bed, rubbing his temples. The prescription stared back at him. Don't take it, it'll make you feel worse than you do.

He diverted his eyes to the beauty lying across his lap. Her blonde tresses were spread carelessly over his bare legs, and covering her chest. He pushed them back to reveal her beautiful face, decorated with red blotches. She was sleeping peacefully, her snores so light and chest heaving as she dreamed. His fingertips grazed over her lips then over her eyes, causing her to stir. She turned onto her side. "Baby," he cooed, turning her face back to his.

She was in a deep slumber. Desman made the decision to leave her in bed as he made breakfast. He placed her underneath the plush covers, then left with a light kiss to her lips. The air conditioning whipped around his bare chest as he made his way downstairs. His living room was in quite a mess, and he remembered their rough sex the previous night. He sighed heavily, choosing to let her clean the mess that he had made.

He looked around, noticing his old wedding picture had been knocked over during the process. He sighed heavily, remembering that she was part of the reason his wife had left him. Joanna and him had been having an affair and Kimberly found out with quickness.

Sometimes Kimberly didn't want to cooperate. She was very stubborn and it had been that way for a long time. Her parents had spoiled her so she got away with being the little, wealthy girl from the block. When he met her, she was debating with him about double standards between men and women. He knew she was going to someday be his wife when she gave him the hand, telling him that she was right. He liked a woman that put up a fight and left feeling like she had won, even when she had lost.

So, he made her wife just months after his lovely grandmother departed. Kimberly had his back and motivated him through his state of depression. She knew he could become the man he used to be, but they both knew it was nearly impossible. The change was evident when he got frustrated just from trying to solve cases, which he could do so well. And she realized something wasn't right when he started referring to her as his mother, whom he had seen twice or three times throughout his life. He hated her.

When Kimberly would try to nurture him, he would beat her to a pulp. It only reminded him of the mother he never had. But once he saw he beautiful face battered, and her small body in a hospital bed, he got immediate help. Kimberly was in the process of divorcing him while he was in rehab for his multiple personality disorder. He began to show change, and was given medication shortly before being released. It helped him get through the day, through life.

But when he signed those papers, his disorder became worse. Kimberly walked out on him when he needed her most. She ran to her sister, who was pregnant with her second child. Kimberly's sister sent her back home to their mother and that was the last he ever heard. He couldn't control himself. He tossed his medication. Desman couldn't even be around women without thinking of Kimberly. He was hurt, and rejected. He never married again, afraid that she'd leave him and hurt him more than Kim had.

Kimberly wasn't the root of this issue... Before her, he was in law school, living with his stripper girl in his hometown. His sister, Destinny, was in Miami leading him into thinking she was taking care of their grandmother and going to school. But she was really stripping. The same night he found that out was the same night he broke his relationship off, then had his schools transferred. Then, he started hating strippers but he had to run off to Miami. And that is where he saw London after awhile after being good friends with Kimberly, who he still kept in touch with from home. They fell out of contact once he moved.