Chapter 61

Author's Notes:
Good morning everyone, and welcome to yet again, another special Alpha and Omega update. Reason being, it has been brought to my attention that today, October 27, 2019, is the three year anniversary of the greatest moment in Amourshipping, since of course Serena's introduction. Yes three years ago today was the episode where Serena kissed Ash on the escalator before leaving for Hoenn. So to celebrate this wondrous occasion I have decided to release another chapter.

Now before I can let you enjoy this update, I must remind you that I am still looking for a Torrent League theme song and AMV. We are up to two entries, which is good, but you all can do better. So let's get those entries in already, you have until Nov 29th.

Alright I'm done, almost. If you like my work please vote, feel free to comment, and please share this story with your friends. I now present to you chapter 61, enjoy.

"Alright Lucario. What's our aura training for today?" Ash asked as he and Lucario walked into a clearing.

"Aura manipulation," Lucario replied.

It had been a little over a week since the incident with Hunter J in Pamplona, and they were currently in the forest heading to the city of Burgos for Ash's final gym badge. Lucario had lightened up on Ash's training after what happened, as he could tell the incident left Ash scared mentally. He was happy though to see as time progressed he started to improve, and Serena seemed to be the one to attribute that to.

————————————————————————
Three days after Hunter J's death

All was quiet in Ash and Serena's room as everyone slept. The only noise was of the dull hum coming from the air conditioner. Suddenly, Ash shot up in bed in a cold sweat with a panicked expression on his face. He looks around to reorient himself as his heart rate begins to slow to normal. He runs his hands through his hair as he takes a sigh of relief as he realizes it was all just another nightmare of the horrific incident a few days prior. He looks down to see his love sleeping peacefully, her body half exposed due to his sudden rise removing the sheets from her. Carefully, he replaces the sheets on her so she doesn't get cold, and climbs out of bed, afraid to go back to sleep and reexperience the nightmare.

Ever since the attack, Ash had hardly slept, and when he did he relived the attack in vivid detail, all the way to Hunter J's death. Ash had done something he never thought he would. He took a life, but not just one. Close to a dozen people died at his hands. Even though he didn't remember it at the time, his subconscious did, and was now replaying their screams and faces as he killed them in his sleep. And if it wasn't that, it was a nightmare focused around Serena's death, despite the fact she wasn't actually dead anymore.

Ash tried talking to people about this, but they were no help. The police arranged for him to speak to a therapist, but she just got on Ash's nerves. He even tried talking to Paul, but he was no help either. He at least told Ash he didn't think he could be of any help, and just told him his perspective, being the henchmen were trying to kill them, so he felt no remorse for their deaths. Out of everyone Ash didn't want to talk about was Serena the most, mostly because he was afraid of how she would see him now.

Ash sighed then threw on a t-shirt and shorts, put on his shoes, and walked out of the room. There was one person he knew that might be able to help that he had been pushing off talking to, but now felt like the right time. He walked down to the lobby and into one of the video phone booths so he could have some privacy, and began to call the only person he felt could help him. It was after midnight in Torrent, meaning it would be morning in Kanto, so there was a chance his mother was awake. Ash hadn't spoken to his mother since William told him his mother was an Aura Guardian, how she was with Team Rocket when it was an organization for good, and her last encounter with Giovanni.