Chapter 57

Author's Notes:
Good morning everyone, and welcome to the latest update to Alpha and Omega. Well I guess this means you will be seeing weekly updates for the foreseeable future, congratulations.

Nothing more for me to say so, if you if you like my work please vote, feel free to comment, and please share this story with your friends. I now present to you chapter 57, enjoy.

"Pikachu is unable to battle. Eevee is the winner," Serena announced as she was acting as the referee.

Ash and Serena were currently at the Pokémon Center in the town of Huesca. They arrived late last night, so they had no idea that a certain fan of Ash's was there until this morning when they came to the battlefield to train. As Ash and his Pokémon were doing their warmup, Yuuka Shinx, the super fan of Ash's they met the same day Ash earned his Balance badge from the twins, came out for her training as well. This ultimately led to her challenging Ash to a three on three battle for training. Yuuka's hope was that battling against her idol would help her improve significantly, so she also asked if Ash could give her some tips when they were done.

This first round was between Ash's Eevee and Yuuka's Pikachu, where Eevee narrowly won. Yuuka returned her Pikachu and thanked her, then waited on Ash to see if he was going to change Pokémon.

Ash looked at Eevee. He was breathing heavily and was probably too tired to be able to win another battle. "Eevee return," Ash called out, not willing to make him get hurt in a battle he was probably not going to be able to win. Ash raised the Pokéball and fired the red beam to return Eevee to his Pokéball, but Eevee jumped to the side to dodge it. "Eevee," Ash groaned.

Ever since Eevee was knocked out in his debut gym battle, he had been training relentlessly. At first Ash and Pikachu were ok with this, as they had feared his battling spirit was damaged by the loss and he would become depressed. However they quickly realized Eevee took the training to get stronger route to a new extreme. He stopped playing with the other Pokémon and would only train. At first the older Pokémon indulged in this behavior, however they quickly saw this reach unhealthy levels.

Truth be told, he was depressed. His loss left him disappointed in himself and felt Ash and Pikachu probably felt the same. He never wanted to lose again, so he trained harder and battled more, even if it meant on his own. They learned that Eevee was leaving in the middle of the night and challenging wild Pokémon to battles. He started out against clearly weaker Pokémon, but soon bit off more than he could handle in the form of an Ursaring. Eevee was beaten up badly, and probably would have been killed by the Ursaring, if not for his uncle Fearow intervening with a Throat Chop to Ursaring. Ursaring stumbled back as Fearow quickly snatched Eevee up in his talons and flew back to camp. Eevee's injuries were far too severe that he couldn't play the situation down, so when they landed, Fearow woke Ash and Pikachu up, and explained everything he had seen.

Ash and Pikachu were left worried, while Pikachu was also upset at his son's behavior. Pikachu grounded him to his Pokéball at night, and told him he would dish out more punishment in the morning. Pikachu's additional punishment was actually a lecture about being patient and that his strength would come in time.

————————————————————————

"Eevee, you battled great. But you need to return for now to rest," Ash told Eevee.

"There's no shame in resting after a hard fought battle. You've clearly improved, but it's important not to overdo it," Pikachu yelled to his son.

Eevee nodded his head then hung it in embarrassment at his behavior. He promised his father he would behave better, and here he was not listening to his trainer. Ash returned Eevee to his Pokéball without further issue, then grabbed his next Pokéball.