Chapter 42

Author's Notes:
Good morning everyone and welcome you another chapter of Alpha and Omega. I don't have much to say except sorry. Today's update in definitely the shortest chapter in the book so far, with a word count less than 3000, before my these notes. But don't worry, I'll make it up to you with the next chapter.

Also, today Ash's opponent will be none other than Trick_Sterling . His OC is debuting today, and I plan on using him again in the future.

With that all said and done....

If you like my work please vote, feel free to comment, and please share this story with your friends. I now present to you chapter 42, enjoy.

"Charizard is unable to battle! Ash Ketchum is the winner, and will be moving on to the third round," the referee announced as the spectators cheered.

"You did great Emboar, return," Ash said as he returned his third victorious fire type to its Pokéball.

Ash then walked off the field, leaving a very angry trainer glaring at him from behind

Ash then walked off the field, leaving a very angry trainer glaring at him from behind. Not only did Pignite evolve mid battle, but Ash still had to use his fightinium Z to defeat his opponent's mega Charizard X. Even though Z crystals were allowed, many trainers weren't happy Ash had them and they didn't. But Ash just brushed it off and didn't worry about it, since it wasn't like they couldn't go to Alola and take part in the island trials. In his eyes, it was no different than trainers that used mega evolution against trainers that didn't have it. Nobody was preventing anyone from going out looking for these advantages, so they had no business crying about it.

————————————————————————

Ash returned to the stands and sat right next to Serena.

"Congratulations," Serena said after she gave him a kiss.

"Thanks," Ash replied as he looked blissfully into Serena's sapphire eyes.

"Excuse me," Paul said as he tried to leave, breaking Ash from his daydream about Serena.

Ash and Serena moved, allowing Paul to get by.

"Good luck," Miette called out to Paul, then blew him a kiss. Paul merely nodded and continued walking for his match.

The three of them watched the remaining two matches as they awaited Paul's battle.

————————————————————————

Upon the conclusion of Paul's match, they all headed to the Pokémon Center so Ash and Paul could get their Pokémon healed.

"So what are you guys going to do today?" Miette asked Ash and Serena.

"No doubt he'll be training," Paul commented.