Chapter 6

AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Good morning everyone and welcome to chapter six of Alpha and Omega. I don't have much to say today, just two short things.

First, I know that this story is seeming to drag a little right now, and you really want Ash and Serena to get to Torrent and start their journey. I understand, I've just had way too much time to think about this, and it's just taking a long time to get moving. Don't worry they will be leaving Kanto soon, I'm already writing Ash's first gym battle and after Serena's first performance things will get moving.

Second, if you like my work please vote, leave comments, and please share this story with your friends. With that said, I now present to you Chapter 6, enjoy.

Ash, Serena, and Brock finished their pizza and then Ash called his mom, he explained that he and Serena were going out on a date and wouldn't be back till late. Delia of course was fine with this and stated how she was proud of Ash for seeing the importance of taking Serena out on a proper date. She then reminded him to be a gentleman, to which Brock then added that he would teach Ash a few pointers.

After speaking with Delia it was now time to call Grace. Serena stared at her cell phone nervously with her moms contact information pulled up. Serena's confidence from before had diminished slightly, as fear that her mother wouldn't approve of her having a boyfriend started to fill her head.

It wasn't that Grace didn't want Serena to be happy or to find her dream guy, no Grace's issue was a bit more of her own issue. Unlike with Delia, Graces husband didn't die, he cheated on her and left both her and Serena to be with the other woman when Serena was very young. This lead Grace to wanting to protect Serena from that very fate, by vowing to herself to make sure that any guy Serena would ever date earned her trust first. This had its positives and negatives for Serena, as it kept the boys that wanted to date her away so fate could reunite Serena and Ash again in Kalos, but as a negative it made it hard for her to have actual friends of the opposite gender. Serena was thankful that her mother was fine with her traveling with Ash and Clemont through Kalos, although she never figured out why. All she could do now was just hope that she was fine with Ash now being her boyfriend.

Serena then felt Ash take her free hand and hold it. Serena looks at him and see a comforting look in his eyes, reminding her that she is not alone. Serena then takes a deep breath and presses the call button, then waits as the phone rings for her mother to pick up.

"Hello," Grace says when she picks up the phone.

"Hi mom," Serena replies.

"Hello Serena, I'm so happy to hear from you. How are you? Did you get your travel arrangements for the Torrent region yet?" Grace asked enthusiastically.

"I'm good, and yes I did. The flight leaves in three days at eight in the morning," Serena replied.

"And will you be alone on this trip?" Grace asked expectantly.

"Umm, no," Serena replied Nervously.

"Hello Mrs. Yvonne," Ash said cheerfully as he moved his face into view.

"Hello Ash, nice to see you again," Grace replied.

"Umm, mom. We have something to tell you," Serena said slightly nervous.

"Oh? What is it?" Grace asked.

Serena then took a deep breath and put a smile on her face.

"Ash and I are dating now. He became my boyfriend last night and tonight we're going out on our first date," said Serena.

Grace smiled.

"That's wonderful news I'm so happy for you," Grace replied.

"You are?" Serena replied shocked.