Immaculate Misconception (Chris Motionless)

As soon as he got off-stage, he ran over to me, lifted up my short, pale body by my waist, and spun me around.

  I giggled at him, clinging to his tall, lanky frame for dear life. "Chris, put me down!" I whimpered, and he obliged, kissing my forehead.

  I was surprised at him; he doesn't usually have this much energy after a show. "Enjoy the show Skylar?" he panted.

  "I always do." I smiled up at him, my bluish-green eyes meeting his golden brown ones.

  "Come on, I'm gonna shower real fast and then we're going out." he announced. I raised an eyebrow. "Where are we going?"

  He chuckled as he answered, "There's a new restaurant that just opened up, I wanna go try it out."

  I sighed, looking down. "I dunno, Chris. You just played a show, you need rest..."

  I looked back up at him as I added, "We can go tomorrow." He shook his head. "We're going tonight, go get ready." he said firmly.

  Before I could protest, he walked away to go clean up. I sighed, retrieving my purse. I sat down on a couch in a room backstage after texting Chris that I would be there.

  I checked my makeup in a small mirror I carry with me, and found it was still completely intact.

Thank God.

  Ricky came in after a few minutes grinning like a Cheshire cat, Balz trailing behind him.

  "We know something you don't know!" Balz sang, pouncing on the couch next to me and wrapping me in a hug.

  "And what's that?" I asked through my laughter. "We can't tell you." Ricky smirked at me.

  At that moment, Chris came in, looking out of breath. "You two fuckers, out!" he demanded angrily.

  Both guys laughed at him, but did as ordered. "What was that?" I questioned.

  He shook his head. "Nothing, let's go." Chris pulled me up by my hand and led me to the door.

  We went out to his car, and he opened my door for me; he's a gentleman when he wants to be.

  Chris drove us to the new restaurant, something called American Road Trip Grill.

  The exterior reminded me somewhat of Sheetz Coffees, and I had a feeling Chris would definitely like this place.

  Chris hurried around to open my door, and I thanked him as I stepped out and he closed my door.

  We headed inside and sat in a booth. The interior walls looked like the exterior, just covered in maps of the U.S. and pictures of major U.S. cities.

  Chris looked somewhat anxious, but when I asked what was wrong, he said everything was fine.

  We looked over our menus, him deciding on their buffalo wings while I chose their white pizza.

  As soon as the waitress walked away with our order, Chris excused himself, saying he had to take care of something.

  I tried to stop him, asking if everything was okay, but he ignored me as he hurried off.

  Annoyed and concerned with his odd behavior, I called Ricky. I asked if he knew what was wrong, and he smugly informed me he was sworn to secrecy.

  I cursed at him, then hung up just as Chris returned. "You gonna tell me where you were?" I asked.

  "I told you, I had to take care of something." Chris mumbled, his voice shaky as he wrung his hands.

  I sighed, giving up. I wasn't going to start an argument in public; I would just have to tough this out.

  Chris attempted conversation a few times, but I wasn't interested. Eventually, he gave up as well.

  Finally, our food arrived, but I wasn't hungry anymore; I just wanted to leave. I wouldn't even look at my food, I just scrolled through my Instagram.

  "Aren't you gonna eat?" Chris asked hopefully. "I'm just gonna have them box it, I'm not hungry." I muttered.

  "Why not just one bite?" Chris tried again. I sighed before answering, "I said I'm not hungry, Christopher."

  He mumbled something under his breath, then said, "Skylar will you please just look at the pizza?"

  I slammed my phone down angrily on the seat and looked at the large plate that had been set in front of me.

  I couldn't help but gasp when I saw it. In the center of the pizza was a breathtaking diamond ring.

  I looked up at Chris in awe, only to see him on one knee next to me. "I think I'm gonna start by saying, I'm sorry I made you mad.

  "I was really nervous about this. I just wanted to make sure everything was right, but I guess I could've done better.

  "You truly deserve the best, Skylar. You are the most perfect human being on this planet, and I love you more than chicken wings."

  He smiled when I giggled at that, then continued. "When you came into my life, I was in a dark place.

  "I was still broken over a girl that tore me apart. But you pulled me out of that, back into the light.

  "I will always be grateful for that. You showed me love, compassion, caring, and understanding.

  "I hope you'll let me show you the same for the rest of our lives, by being my wife. Skylar, will you marry me?"

  I burst into tears as I nodded, a hand over my mouth as I whispered, "Yes!" Chris grinned largely, grabbing the ring and sliding it onto my finger as the restaurant applauded and cheered.