The Outlaw's Move (Ashley Purdy)

"Hey Ash, you wanna meet the new girl before we go on?" CC asked. We were playing a show in less than an hour, and tonight we were getting a new merch girl.

  I still knew nothing about her, only that her name was Rose. "Hell yeah I do!" I crowed, jumping up from my seat.

  I followed CC out to the merch booth, and spotted her immediately, since she was the only new face behind the merch table.

  "Ashley you stop it, stop it right now." CC warned me, and I barely even heard him. I was too focused on Rose.

  She had soft, delicate facial features, powder blue eyes on pale skin above a pierced nose, with black as night hair.

  It was odd to see her in this type of crowd, since she seemed so small and...innocent.

Looks like I have a job to do.

  "Ashley Purdy don't you-" I clamped my hand over his mouth to silence him, then sauntered over to Rose.

  "Hey there." I purred, stepping up behind her. She squeaked, jumping in fear, and spun around to face me.

  "Relax shorty, I don't bite TOO hard." I chuckled at her, "The name's Ashley." "R-Rose." she stuttered nervously, her cheeks turning bright pink.

  "Ashley Purdy, leave the poor girl alone!" Jake chastised, clamping a firm hand down onto my shoulder and pulling me back.

  "N-no i-it's ok-kay." Rose stammered, forcing a beautiful smile onto her flawless face.

  "See, it's fine." I smirked, shrugging him off. "No, it isn't. Stage time." Jake laughed, pulling me away, "Catch ya later Rose."

  We played through our set, opening with Coffin and closing with In The End.

  The entire time, I felt like I was mindlessly playing; I couldn't take my mind off of Rose.

  As soon as our set was over, I rushed offstage, wiped the sweat off my face, and snagged Andy's water bottle on my way to the merch table.

  "Oh my God, Ashley Purdy!!!" a few girls screamed upon seeing me. I faked a smile, taking a couple pictures with them before hurrying around to Rose.

  "Ash, do you have to be over here?" our merch girl Clarissa whined, "You know it makes the fangirls batshit crazy."

  I laughed as I hugged her, then ruffled her hair. "Think you can hold down the fort if I leave?" I asked. "Been working this for years, don't insult me!" she scoffed.

  "Rose," I held out my hand to her, "Will you come with me?" She looked at me hesitantly, then nodded and took my hand.

  I led her outside, making sure I kept an arm around her to protect her from anyone who got too rowdy.

  "Is this your first time being a merch girl?" I asked her. "Yeah.." she blushed, a slight giggle invading her words as she spoke.

  "Looked like half our merch was gone, so you must be pretty amazing." I winked at her, making her blush even more.

  We got to the bus then, and I opened the door for her to step on.

  She gave me a look of uncertainty, so I tipped the cowboy hat I was wearing and said, "After you, Ma'am!"

  Rose giggled again and stepped onto the bus, so I followed behind and locked it silently.

  Don't think anyone else is gonna want to be on this bus, if ya catch my drift!

  "So how's your night goin', purdy lady?" I joked, coming up behind her and wrapping my arms around her waist.

  She squeaked again, once more jumping away from me and spinning around. "Relax Rose, I'm not gonna hurt you." I laughed at her.