Lacerated Lullabies (Ricky Horror)

~This is gonna be really really long and possibly triggering (self harm) you've been warned!~

  "Lily Snow if you don't get out here I will regret hiring you!!!" Ryan Ashley shouted at me.

  I was in the backroom of her store Strange & Unusual, and today was my first day on the job.

  I was looking into the little mirror I carried with me in my purse, going over my appearance.

  Don't get me wrong, I'm crazy excited about this job. I'm just extremely nervous, and I want everything to go right today.

It doesn't really help that I'm already a really shy person, with bad anxiety. It's even worse when you've gotta hide parts of yourself...

  I gazed into the reflection of my grey eyes, surrounded by my jet black hair and incredibly pale skin.

  Could I really do this? Would I really be good at this job? Questions like these burned into my skull as I put away my mirror and headed out to the shop area.

  "Finally!" Ryan Ashley exclaimed, "You alright?" I bit my lip for a moment as I nodded. "I'm just really nervous..."

  She nodded with understanding. "Don't worry, I'll start you off easy." she smiled.

  Pointing to a couple of crates with assorted items, she said, "Why don't you just stock those on the shelves for me, okay?"

  I walked over to the crates and carried them one by one to the shelved before removing objects and setting them out neatly.

  I was halfway through the second crate when the bell over the door chimed, signaling a customer.

  A group of guys came in chattering, and I felt my heart begin to race. Hopefully I wouldn't have to interact with them.

  "Hey guys!" I heard Ryan Ashley giggle at them from behind the counter.

  "Hey cutie." one of them said. I looked at him curiously. He had short black hair, angel bites, gauges, and one silver contact.

  She leaned over the counter and kissed him; I guess he's her boyfriend.

  I remember her saying him and his friends come in every so often; this must be them.

  "Hey guys, this is my new hire. Her name is Lily." Ryan Ashley pointed to me.

  I whimpered quietly, spinning back around to the shelves when I felt myself blushing.

  One of them walked over to me, standing next to me. "Hey." he smiled at me.

  "Hi." I murmured, looking down as I shuffled my feet uncomfortably. I don't handle meeting strangers well.

I'm only working for the money.

  "I'm Chris." he tried, and I finally looked up at him. Good God, and here I thought giants were myths!

  He had to have been at least six feet tall, with drawn on eyebrows, gauges, snakebites with a vertical labret, and black hair to his shoulders.

  "Lily." I murmured, reaching down and picking up a jar. I learned quickly not to study the contents of jars too closely; they usually held something gross.

  I set it on the shelf as another of the guys spoke. "Hey Chris, man she doesn't wanna talk. Just leave her be."

  Chris lingered a second later before rejoining his group with a huff. I looked behind me just slightly to see him talking to the one who defended me.