F O R T Y EIGHT

The lounge cafe

They were back in their favorite cafe. Other customers were enjoying the coffee and cakes unlike them.They were focused on the table's contents. All of the evidences they had found were spread over at their table.

Rosè nervously glanced around if anyone were watching them.

".....Jennie was so confident when she said the person was Taehyung.." Jimin said looking at the two girls sitting opposite from him.

"Wait, Jennie told us that too.." Rosè almost jumped from her chair.

Lisa sighed turning to Rosè giving the why-did-you-say-that look. Rosè internally cursed herself remembering what Jennie had said.

" If you tell anybody about this place or even our encounter.....consider yourself gone."

"You guys had a talk with her too? when?" Jimin questioned.

"Uhh...we had a small talk on the phone." Lisa butted in.

"Y-yeah.." Rosè nodded along.

"You guys are in bad terms,right?"

"First, it was a small talk. Second, we are still friends. So, stop being nosey got it?" Lisa glared at him.

Even though he didn't say anything, he's suspicious looks were still there.

"Anyways..." Rosè interrupted the glaring competition, "We can't know anything much if we don't search in deeper.."

They looked down at the evidences collected till now. The photo of Jungkook's eyes behind the hoodie and mask. The keyring labeled with 'Mom 20/07/04' , a page scribbled Jisoo and Hoseok hoodie , Jennie hoodie, Kim Taehyung's photo stamps and Namjoon.

"You are right..." Lisa sighed. "Jisoo and Hoseok are also really suspicious.."

"And Namjoon."

The girls turned their heads to Jimin.

"Right, about Namjoon." Rosè said, "You told Namjoon knew something...what is it?"

Jimin's eyes suddenly grew wide but he turned to the side quickly, "Umm...he knew about my secret."

"What secret?"

"It's a secret okay? don't you understand?" he looked annoyed.

"Jimin, we need to know what kind of secret so we can dig further.." Lisa commanded.

"I still can't tell."

Lisa was about to open her mouth, probably going to shout but Rosè cut her again, " If somebody needs to  know secrets about you then they do follow-ups of you. That means he was also following you....and so does the hooded man."

Lisa and Jimin fell silent. The hooded man knew everyone's secret. So was the hooded man really.....

"Also guys," Jimin spoke up, " Actually Jennie send me a message after our meet.."

"What?"

"She said there might not be one but more than one..." He continued, " the unknown and the hooded person...they are different people."

Lisa and Rosè sighed, one scratching her forehead and the other covering her face. The unknown sent them text messages while the hooded man followed them around clicking pictures. What if they really were different persons?

In the middle of their heavy conversation, a mysterious person judged them from far corner of the table. Sipping their coffee, the person pulled out a camera, focusing on them.

CLICK.

----

Back at the dark room filled with the smell of damp and dried blood, the cloaked woman  laughed in a high pitched voice. Her psychotic laugh echoed in the half-empty room.

"Isn't it fun seeing them confused and scared?" she was smiling evilly. Her long cloak covered almost half of her face only showing her lips. Red lips.

A guy standing beside her nodded sheepishly while the hooded person sat at the chair infront idly.

"Ahhh....i can't wait to end them completely." she picked up a knife and ran her fingers through the sharp edge.

" You only wanted to see them suffer right?" the hooded man finally spoke up.

The lady gave a dramatic sigh and placed the knife at the table with a loud bang. The guy by the side flinched.

"Yes, i wanted them to suffer but they aren't suffering as much as i wanted them too. They only care about themselves. Selfish, greedy, full of themselves, unfair success. What do they deserve at the end then?....only death."

"But.."

"Keep quiet." the lady shushed him. "We are slowly going to get them now. Understand."

The guys only nodded back.

----

Lisa drove back to her apartment. It was already late and dark by the time she reached outside her apartment. She looked outside her car carefully and as if expected she saw the hooded person standing by the trees across the road.

She locked eyes with the hooded person's stare. The notification in her phone made her jump and curse. She opened it with trembling hands.

unknown:

the hooded man is going to reveal his face tonight.

follow him.

Lisa didn't know what got into her but without thinking for a second she dashed out of her car.

"Heyy!!" she called to the person.

The person turned back to the trees and ran from there.

"W-waitt..." she shouted and chased him from behind.

Soon enough, she was following the person through the thick garden with huge trees and bushes. The person was really fast in running so it was hard for her to even get close to him. But Lisa just continued chasing. The only source of light guiding her was the moonlight.

After a few minutes, a huge space greeted her vision. There was a wide empty space surrounded by trees.

The hooded person suddenly slowed down at the middle of the wide area.

Lisa stopped too,panting hardly. Her knees were almost giving out on her.

"Wh-who are you?" she said in-between her huffing, hands on her knees.

The person was facing his back. He stayed silent.

"I said who are you!!" she shouted.

He slowly pulled down his hood then his head came to view.

Lisa stared at him with wide-eyes, full of curiosity and anticipation.

Then he finally turned around revealing his face.

"Y-you..." but before she could finish her sentence, someone had already sneaked from behind placing a napkin on her face while she fidgeted under the grip. Within few seconds she stopped moving and fell unconscious under the hold.

"Gotchu."

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is your last chance to make a guess👀

Guys so the end of the book is coming soon. Finally. Meet you in the next chapter.
Let the truth unfold.✨