F O R T Y SIX

Cafe Blanc

Jimin had decided to visit Jennie knowing the consequences was not gonna be good. He had to be honest with her, one day.

Taking a huge breath, he entered the quiet cafe with very few customers. Smell of coffee and pastries entered his nose but it didn't make him excited or hungry. The smell didn't even matter right now.

He saw the brunette haired girl sitting at the corner table. She was sitting there crossed legged staring at the coffee. His heart skipped a beat but ignored it and took a seat infront of her.

"Oh, so you came?" she said still staring at the coffee.

"Yes," Jimin looked at her, " How are you...?"

Jennie took a deep sigh, " Aren't you ashamed to ask that question?"

He was taken aback and stayed silent. What was he even expecting?

"Tell me Jimin..." she looked tired. Her once powerful aura that she radiated was gone. Only tired eyes with dark circles remained. "Why did...you do that to Yoongi?"

Jimin looked at her with guilt and....regret. The state that Jennie was in....was all due to him.

"I....i still like you." he tightened his fist, " After i found that you were dating him, i was broken. I couldn't stand it so i made Mr.Son to say it. So, he could go to jail. I don't know what happened to me..."

"Even after all this time...you like me?"

Jimin couldn't speak anything. Yes even after all these years...

"And due to your childish likes you decided to send Yoongi to a freaking jail?"

He was getting tensed now. He gulped hard staring at his legs, waiting to be slapped or shouted. But nothing happened. Jimin looked up slowly and saw her turning away. He could swear he saw a shiny glint in her eyes that she brushed off.

"I'm sorry Jennie." he was geniune. He was hurt. He hated himself right now. "Please shout at me. Throw me your anger. Just....anything!!"

Her eyes were sad and empty. "I could slap you or beat the hell out of you but i won't"

Jimin loosened his fist. He couldn't move.

"What had been done is done. He can't come back."

The sadness in her voice made him break into pieces. What she said was infact true. "But....i wanted to be with you Jennie...."

"We weren't meant to be. I'm sorry." she stared at the time.

"It's okay..."he whispered.

"Anyways, i have to get going. Yoongi has passed me all the responsibilities of the business since he's...gone." she eyed her with the word 'gone'.

"I can help!" he straightened his back.

"No." she had a straight face, " I know everything about handling his business. I was taught because we all knew Yoongi had to go to jail one day. Thankfully, the police hasn't taken down the drug business."

She waved her Gucci purse in the air. " Gotta bribe them."

"Oh.." was all Jimin could say as he stared at her packing her bag.

Before she stood up, he spoke quickly " Have you been getting messages from the unknown person?"

She sighed deeply, " Yes. But i don't want to waste my time on his stupid prank."

They stood up heading out of the cafe.

"His?"

"Yeah, the unknown person. It's Taehyung."