17

Johnny  eventually decided to stay over and we had movie night. He wasn't wrong when he said that our lives consisted of the same cycle everyday.

"The kissing booth?" He scrunches his nose in disgust. "The title makes me sure that the movie is horrible."

"I've never watched it either so I guess we could try?"

10 minutes in and Johnny announces that he is going to puke and officially hates the movie.

"The girl has such bad taste-"

"Oh really?"

"The boy wasn't even that cute." He complains and I hold back my laughter. "So you're implying she should have gone for her best friend? I as jokingly.

"Well her crush is disgusting and creepy. He even screams at her! And everyone knows that the best friend is always better." He says matter of factly.

"Maybe we should watch another movie ." I suggest.

He grins and cheers. "Finally no more sappy shi-"

I give him a warning glare.

"Shittake mushrooms."

"We only watched 10 minutes, John."

"And I already hate it."

I roll my eyes but let him choose the movie. I know he takes forever to choose a movie so I get out my diary and start ranting in it cause I mean- what else do you do?

"Bird box?" He suggests and I simply give him a nod.

5 minutes into it and he groans. "A movie about wearing blind folds?"

"It's an interesting concept."

"Sounds boring."

"It's original!"

"It sounds like falling asleep."

He plops back into bed and I secretly laugh at how he's such a baby.

"We should watch fight club!"

"John I've said this too many times-...."
"Fine." He grumbles. "You choose this week." He finally says what I've been waiting for him to say. I squeal and disgust myself and even John gives me a concerned look.

"To all the boys I loved before!" I say and his eyebrows shoot up at once.

"Let me guess? A popular girl at school has crushes on 20 guys who are all hot and muscular and tall and they all like her back so she has a hard time choosing?"

"That's mean Orlando."

"It's truth." He says and I put my diary down and sit next to him.

"Welcome to hell.." He groans as the movie starts playing.
        ________________

"Wait what?" He exclaims.

"Chill John."

"How stupid is she?"

"Chill its just a movie."

He huffs slightly and tries to take deep breathes. I laugh at the sweat forming at his forehead.

"YOU STUPID DUMBASS HE LIKES YOU CAN'T YOU SEE!"

"It's not her fault she doesn't see it-"

"Says you."

"What do you mean?" I ask curiously. He stares at me.

"Well let's just say your very oblivious."

"Am not."

He raises his eyebrows. "Oh you sure about that?"

"Yes.  I mean... it's obvious no one likes me."

"See what I mean?" He gives me the i-told-you-so look.

I wonder if that's implying someone likes me but I convince myself I'm over thinking.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night."
I grin at his annoyed expression and wonder why he's so pissed.

"Hey pause the movie." I say suddenly and gives me a weird look.

"Why?"

"I wanna use the toilet dumbass. "

I pull myself up and walk to the bathroom while he lies down on my bed, looking extremely cute.

You're not supposed to be thinking like that, I reprimand myself.

To say I'm triggered when I see Johnny hovering above my diary when I came out would be putting it lightly.

"Kenz what's this?"

When I see my familiar sparkly book in his hands, I almost faint. There's a lot of things I don't need Johnny to know about me right now.

"DON'T TOUCH-" I fall on johnny and try to wrestle the book out of his hands.

"Please don't touch that." I beg. He doesn't say anything and stares at me. For a minute, I feel my heart going weird places because of the way he's staring at me intensely. I suddenly realise that I'm sitting on him and my whole body is on top of him.

Our lips were so close that if I moved closer a tiny bit, we would be kissing. I let out a big breathe at the thought and Johnny seems to come out of his trance. He carefully places his hand on my shoulders and pulls me to stand up with him.

"Fine I won't touch it." He says and I realise he's blushing, an un-johnny like move.

"You better not." I warn as precaution.
"I wonder what deep dark secrets Mackenzie Zielger keeps there..." He muses and I instantly glare him. He puts on a fake high pitched voice and pretends to imitate me.

"OH dEar diAry, today GraNt lOokEd aT Me.. mY heArt aH!!" He flings his arm out and I narrow my eyes as I look at that silly goose.

"I don't like Grant."

"Well so you like Hayden?" He grimaces. I see he's not to happy at the mention of Hayden even though he's the one who brought Hayden up in the first place.

"No..." I trail off. Truth was, if he really is my secret admirer, that would help him earn lots of points. Problem was, I don't know if he is.

"Oh yeah I forgot," Johnny interrupts. "Mackenzie Frances Ziegler loves me remember?"

Just as I'm about to snap at him, his phones receive a notification. He doesn't pick up his phone.

"Aren't you going to check your phone, kenzie?" I realise that I'm the one who received a message not him, which is funny considering no one ever texts me.

My eyes bulge when I see the ID contact.

Hayden
Hey girl are you free?

Johnny peeks over to see what I'm looking at and his face instantly clouds up. "How annoying can he get?!" He sputters madly.

"He just asked if I was free, chill," I laughingly say. Johnny just sulks and I laugh at how he's such a kid.

"Aw are you jealous? I teasingly emphasize the word 'jealous'.

"Yeah I am." He replies bluntly and I'm not too sure how to reply to that.

"Oh okay..." I trail off awkwardly again while he continues sulking like a spoiled bratty child.

        ____________________________

Exams are next week and I haven't studied anything yet no joke and its already Friday. I'm so ded. I'm busy on Saturday and Sunday watch me fail bye- I'll try to update once a day ig

Vote and comment !