09

"Kids! What's happening here?"

I hop off the table at once and scurry go the side while Johnny continues to stand proudly on the desk.

"Johnny Orlando and Mackenzie Ziegler concert." He smiles smugly.
"Wanna join?"

Mr Allan the detention teacher is not amused at all. In fact I think he's pissed. Very very pissed.

"You're nice so I'll give you a discount," Johnny waved his hand dismissively. "100 bucks and you can join our concert."

Mr Allan frowns and opens his mouth. Johnny hops off the table, grabs my hand and makes a go for it.

"I love you Mr Allan but show is over, join next time for 50 bucks!" With that, he runs off. I hear a distinct muffled grunt. Mr Allan doesn't seem as bad.

I pant as he runs. "John stop,"
He flashes a mischievous grin. "That was fun wasn't it?"

"Not really."

He makes a loud obnoxious fake gasp. "Mackenzie Ziegler I'm offended." I shrug.

"Why did we run anyways? Time was up. We were gonna go home anyways.

"Well I thought it was fun."

"Running away is fun?"

"It feels like an action movie if you're asking me. A Hollywood spy movie."

He runs his hand through hair and strikes a funny pose.

I reply with the thing I do best. I roll my eyes.

Truth be told I felt adrenaline coursing through my veins. Then again, I felt adrenaline every time I was with Johnny. He got me some type of way.

"Let's not go home." He suggested. My eyes almost popped out. "What?"

"What?"

"It's Tuesday."

"So?"

"It's a school day."

He waves his hand dismissively again. "Who gives a fu-"

I glare at him.

"Funnel cake?" He tries.

I crack a smile. "That was horrible."
He smiles back. "You're horrible."

"Horribly cute."

He pretended to be deep in thought. "NaH I'm the cute one here," he preened. And cute he is.

Well sometimes.
        ___________________________

In the end, we didn't get to go down his lane. I was not gonna do that to my mom. I'm telling you it takes a lot of hard work to keep up with Johnny. Best friends with this naughty kid is not fun especially when you're a nerd.

Over the years, he's tried and tried to get me to skip a day of class for fun. Just as if he could read my thoughts he piped up.

"Let's skip class tomorrow!"

"No is a no John."

"But it's fun." He whined like a little kid.

"It's not fun!" I whine back to annoy him. "You get to not do homework and see the teachers for a day." He raised a brow. "If that's not fun, I don't know what is."

"Flash cards are fun."

He stopped short." What the f-"

I glare at him again.

"Funnel cake?!"

"Yes ?"

"You use freaking flash cards?" He asks perplexed. I nod my head. "They're really fun and they make studying so much easier-"

He groans and shakes his head.

"Are you kidding me?"

"You know I don't joke around."

He sighs. "Mackenzie Frances Ziegler... you really need help."

"Maybe." I shrugged.

"You need help..." his eyes sparkled.

I gulp nervously.

"It'll be fun I promise..." his mischievous eyes sparkle.

___________________________

I plop on my bed, happily. It had been a fun day. Well minus the detention part, but detention also the fun part. Everything with Johnny was... fun. Even if it meant detention.

I decide to study a teensy bit before sleeping. I took out my book bag and started organising it.

If only my life was a book bag.

As I take out my science textbook I instantly remember the note my so called 'secret admirer' had left for me. I took it out and re-read it 50 times.

Your hair is so pretty.

And for some reason, as I looked into my mirror, I felt more .... hopeful. My hair for once.. it seemed pretty. I took out the note from yesterday and re-read it too.

You look so pretty today.

And for a moment I actually felt pretty. I carefully placed the notes in the box my dad had gaven me when he was in India. It was decorated beautifully. I took then box and put it on my bedside table.

Well just for a moment though. Cause the moment the lights were off and Johnny's window was shut, all that false hope went away and my daily cycle repeated itself as I stayed awake thinking of myself.

I tried to hold the tears that seems to come out so easily at night when I was alone. But I knew the truth anyways.

I am downright ugly.

Authors note
Also if y'all notice, kenz is a perfectionist that is way to hard on herself. So now John and Kenzie are polarr opposites lmao. I edited the chapters slightly in front but it doesn't really matter you don't have to recheck.