24

Let's just say this day didn't start too well. It was pretty okay until it all went down while we were changing.

Per usual, I hid at the most corner, hoping no one notices me. I don't really need people noticing my body right now.

And per usual, Nadia was in the center of attention as she waved her pretty nails around, still managing to be attractive. Her admirers, those girls that tried to be her so miserably but failed even miserably circled around her. Okay so Nadia isn't the typical blonde bish in wattpad.

She's gorgeous, beautiful, smart, quirky, funny, rich and a redhead with tons of cute freckles. Did I mention that she's very gorgeous?

"So you're going?" Her little minion asked adoringly. One thing for sure, whatever Nadia is doing, they'll definitely be doing it too.

"Oh yes I am.." Nadia flashed a smile as she reapplied her lipgloss and eyebrows that were already on fleek.

"With who?" The  failed wannabe  asked again. "Yeah who's your b tressdate?" The other girls chanted eagerly and I realise that they're talking about prom, which is literally a week away.

"I'm going with Orlando." Nadia flicks her hair and smiles really excitedly. I halt and saying I'm surprised would be an understatement. Johnny had said that if I didn't go, he wouldn't go too. But he's going. With Nadia.

And I just realised how selfish I am.

So maybe it's more than just 'suprise'. Maybe more of 'shock', 'jealous', 'envy' would be more fitting to how I am feeling. Some selfish part of me thought that he was really going to stay at home with me on prom night and watch movies and pig on chips.

I can't help it.

I try to drone out of Nadia and her clones while they chatter excitedly.
It's not the greatest thing either when I come out and the first person I see is Johnny.

"Kenzie I have good news-" he starts excitedly but I cut him off. "I think we should get to class, it's not too early." I try to control my tone that's filled with bitterness. I don't think I want to know what his good news is so I'll rather skip it.

He shrugs. "That's fine. Let's go." He takes my hand excitedly, dragging me to class and I shake his hand a little. He looks at me with a surprised look on his face because he probably doesn't know why I'm so salty.

How do you explain to your best friend that you're not supposed to have feelings for that you're salty just because he's going to prom with someone else because you were the one who rejected him every single time? Not to mention that the 'someone else' is really beautiful and popular. And nice. And not me.

We don't say anything it's just like he felt that I'm not in a too good mood and decided not to press me. However I made my judgement to soon, because in science class he passed me a tiny note.

Are you okay? :(

I find the note familiar then I realise it's just like the notes from my secret admirer except that John's handwriting has always been horrible and still is.

I inhale a deep breathe and I'm sure he can see I'm definitely not okay.

I'm fine.

He frowns down at my words written across my science textbook. He scribbles furiously in his little notepad again and receives a glare from Mrs C.

"I wonder if you ever pay attention in class, orlando? Even if you don't  at least act like you do!" She says menacingly. Johnny flashes an apologetic smile, ever a sweetheart.