25

"I can't believe we're that dumb," Johnny chuckles loudly. "Getting mad over a misunderstanding." I laugh.
"Let's never get mad at each other again ok?" He asks.

"Hmmm...."

"I'll stop forcing you to go to prom with me." Johnny says.

"What!?" I ask taken back. Even though I didn't want to go, it was nice of him to keep asking me.

"It's obvious you don't want to go, im not forcing you to do stuff you don't want to, that was selfish of me, I'm sorry." He apologises sincerely.

"Uhm..." I'm surprised and not to sure of what to do. Johnny is always cocky and sure. Now he's just going to leave it at that because i said so?

"Thanks." I nod my head as a token of appreciation and he links his arm with me, going to my lockers. Checking that no one is around, I open my locker to see the letter.

It's stuffed in envelope and I decide to keep it until later. I stuff it into my pocket and slink back to class. Unfortunately, it's math, class with both Nadia and John.

"Hey Johnny....." she casually flirts. John is instantly alarmed and gives her a weary look. I'm not too happy when Nadia appears. I'm fine with her, I just don't like her flirting with him all the dang time.

I can see she obviously doesn't like him much but somehow I always manage to get jealous. Maybe it's just the way she looks. They way she acts. How she's so much more better, prettier and just perfect.

"Uh hi." Johnny mutters awkwardly. "I'll be on my way but call me later?" She asks, giving him a flirty wink.

Johnny gives me a weary look as he stutters. "Uh okay." Definitely not happening.

"That girl is creepy." John whispers to me as she sashays away. "I've known her existence since Lauren was born but I've never gotten to know her. Honestly I'm scared." He admits. I hold back my smile.

After what seems like an eternity later, school finally ends. I sigh in relief. "Let's go homeeee!" Johnny hollers.

Asher, one of Johnny's friends come up and joins us as we walk.

"Mind if I walk with y'all today?" He doesn't give us answering space though, he just trails along.

"Dude I just asked someone to the prom-"

"You asked someone to the prom?!" Johnny asks obviously shook.

Asher blushes horribly. "So I had this little crush on this ...uh... girl," he stutters nervously.

"You had a crush!?"

Asher smiles wistfully. "The name is Annie."

"Don't know her bro." Johnny replies.

Asher gets the wistful look on his face again. "She's this girl that doesn't cease to my flirting, she's spicy and she's smart and she's not even allowed to wear crop tops and cuss, she's innocent and she's-"

"She's just perfect."

Johnny's eyes widen in shock. "And I think I'm in love."  added Asher. His eyes widened even more.

"Did you just say you love her?"

"I think I did."

I mentally swoon and puke at the same time. Swooning with the cuteness and also puking at how cute it is.

"Oh I'm going the other way, bye." Asher says as he turns left at the intersection. "Also good luck John! Go get her!" He shouts loudly and Johnny gives him a disapproving look

"Get who?" I ask confused. "No one." Johnny answers firmly.

"Can't believe he's in love." Johnny snickers but I can see the pride in his face. He's obviously proud of Asher and stopping his player ways. "Happy for him and the girl." He says genuinely.

"Why is everyone talking about prom all of the sudden? I ask a little annoyed. Being constantly reminded that my childhood Disney princess dreams are not coming true makes me snarky and cranky.

"It's a few days away. Lauren has prepared her dress months ago."

I hum in response, not really paying attention.

"You're still not going to change your mind right?" He asks hopefully. I shake my head and he saddens. "Okay."

We arrive home and no one is home. Just me myself and I. I plop onto the coach and open the tv. Some boring old sitcom plays. I remember I have an unopened note so I quickly reach for my bag and pull out the envelope.

Mackenzie Ziegler
  So prom is near. I know this is probably the 100th time you've heard it today, like me. Everyone is going but I'm not. Neither are you. I want to. You don't. I like you. You don't. It's going to be a boring prom night at my place. I'd always wondered how you'd look in a dress. Not any dress but a really beautiful dress that can even compliment you. But then, you'd look great in anything. No matter how you look, you'll always be beautiful. And I need you to see that.
                     -your secret admirer.

My heart thumps abnormally at the sweet note. A sudden wailing sob interrupts my thoughts and I realise it's coming from the tv.

"Will you marry me?" The man gets on one knee and ask the pretty lady.

The pretty lady seems to be in shock and tears suddenly come as she runs away, the camera zooming on the lonely sad man the cold night.

"My stupid Marian, why didn't you promise him! He loves you and you love him!" Her maid chants indignantly.

"You'd never understand." Her weepy voice comes on again.

"Should I marry him? Should I not? Does he love me? Does he not?" The girl hesitates for a moment.

"Do I love him?" She  mutters to herself.

I switch the tv off in annoyance. Why is everything linked to Johnny and prom? I groan in frustration. I just want a normal life suited for me, crushing a nerd that isn't my best friend and that someone actually would like me too. I'd be  pretty and hot, my parents wouldn't be fighting, but then I realise the world ain't fair.

Whoever said that, they obviously don't know life.

A/n
This chapter is all over the place but I'm tired okay. The next chapter us VERY INTENSE just saying