18

Johnny sulking at Hayden texting me wasn't enough because Johnny also received a message from a specific someone.

"What does she want?!" I sputter madly. She doesn't even like Johnny, why is she doing this?

"Chill, she just asked me to hang out." He replied nonchalantly and I felt the impulse to run over to Nadia's house and smack her. I hate that unfamiliar feeling in my stomach and it makes me feel weird and uncomfortable.

What is this called? The feeling when all your visions are blinded because you're apparently very not happy that the person is not you and your-

Welcome to jealousy... the annoying voice is my head snickers in a bitter tone. I can't help but feel bitter too.

All she asked was a if he wanted to hang out, why was this feeling overtaking me?

He's been your best friend for 11 years, you just don't want to see him hurt..lie. lie. Lie. I try to convince myself that I'm not jealous at all.

Johnny sits up suddenly. "Wait.." He mumbles.

"What?"

"Lauren told me she's sleeping over at Nadia's which doesn't make sense because she hates it when people try to flirt with me." He explains.

"And don't forget Hayden sent a message at the same time.." I remind him and he furrows his brows.

"I wonder why Nadia is hitting me up so constantly.." He mused and my eyes widen.

"She is hitting you up a lot?" I try but fail to cover the bitter tone in my voice.

"Just recently." He says. "She's never even showed any interest in me and she's been Laurens best friend since forever. They're close as us."

"Can we just stop talking about Nadia?" I cut off and it comes off a little bit rude.

He doesn't seem to be offended though but instead changes topics.
"Well can we talk about prom?"

"There's nothing to talk about prom."

"Oh honey, there is tons to talk about." He gives me a pointed glare. "Like for example, why you're not going."

"John, not this topic again."

"Yes, it's this topic again until you can give me an answer." He says matter of factly.

"Well I have no one to go with?"

"Well you have me?"

"Like an actual date, not best friends."

"I'll be your 'actual date' even though I'm not sure what that is."

"It's not that simple-"

"It's just that simple, I'll go so you should go. You go so I'll go. You don't go, we don't go.And I'll be your 'date'. See? Simple." He beams proudly at his own words.

I groan in defeat and cover my face with my hands. He smirks at his short victory.

"Lets just not talk about this."

He nods his head, surprising me. "Lets not talk about this until you make up your mind." He adds and i can't help but smile.

I find myself sniffling a yawn and realise it's already very very late in the night. "You should sleep." He says sternly.

"Well so should you." I say and he looks guilty too as he yawns.

"Where are you going?" I ask him as he goes to the window. "Going out the way I can in." He replies. He stops short.

"Shittake mushrooms." He grumbles.

"What John?"

"My ladder fell."

"Why a ladder?

"I don't know I just thought its romantic." He jokes.

"Well you should jump, Romeo."

"Maybe I should...." He positions himself at the window and I almost scream out loud. "JOHNNY DON'T-"

Johnny burst into peals of laughter. "I'm not dying yet, mckensis. He ruffles my hair slightly and I swat his hand away.

"So you wanna stay here?" I ask him.

"I guess I will." He replies. "If that's okay?" He asks hesitantly.

"Of course," I wave my hand dismissively.

We've been having sleepovers since forever, it's not like it's going to be any different.

I point at the drawers  and he pulls out the first drawer. He's been here so many times there's a drawer full of his clothes. Mom just washes them like it's my clothes.

He takes a black t shirt and some shorts before ambling to change. When he comes out, I burst into peals of laughter and clap my hands.

"You a seal?" He asks grudgingly.

Let's just conclude Johnny is not the lanky skinny little boy he was. He's filled up in a lot of places and the shirt from 2 years ago looked like it was going to burst. And that's just putting it lightly.

"Fuck." He grumbles and for once, I don't correct him because I'm laughing way to hard.

Then he does the unexpected. He rips his shirt like incredible hulk and for a moment I just sit there gaping.

"Enjoying the view?" He asks smirking. I suddenly understand what it's like to be a hormonal teenage girl because that's what I feel when I see his abs.

"Put a shirt on!" I grumble but I'm not complaining.

He peeks into the drawer again. "I don't think any of these fit me. He's right though. We haven't had a real  sleepover in ages. It mostly consisted on me falling asleep while watching Netflix.

The last time we had a sleepover was when we were about 14. Something just changed between us after that. I might have a good idea of what that is though.

Probably because we realised that I wasn't the short pudgy girl I once was and he wasn't a tall lanky child anymore.

We were teenagers. Hormonal teenagers, I might add.

"I guess I'll sleep without a shirt?"

I almost have a heart attack. "You can't sleep naked!"

"I'm not naked, it's not like you haven't seen me shirtless before what's the fuss?"

The difference is I'm a horny teen now.

As if he can read my mind, he replies.
"Also, I'm your best friend, I won't do weird stuff to you okay?" His voice softens slightly.

I nod my head. Suddenly, he pounces on me and tickles me to death. I squirm under his grasp as he tickles me harder.

I suddenly realise how inappropriate we look like but shirtless Johnny with disheveled hair is actually... hot.

He seem to realise this too as he stops but he doesn't get off me.

Instead, he lowers his head near my ear and my breathing hitches at once. I close my eyes at how close we are right now.

His face leans even closer to my ear and my heart threatens to jump out.

"So... have you decided about prom yet?"

            ________________________
A/N
Johnny just ruined the moment.
Should we forgive him? No or no?