prologue

Her most favourite memory of him was probably the first time they met.

That was back when she still loved the colour pink and still thought boys had cooties. Except for him of course.

When she was younger she thought he was amazing. The most wonderful human on earth. Not that she didn't now but he used to be really cute. Fluffy hair that stuck all over the place, missing front teeth and a lopsided grin. He was adorable.

It all started the day when she had tripped after trying to run home to school. While the plump little girl sat  on the ground, tears streaking down her chubby face, onlookers just passed by, even the parents of the kids. She sat there with a scaled knee and extremely hurt feelings.

"You fattie!" A tiny kid sneered while his mom scolded him on how that wasn't too polite.

A  hand extended in front of her and she looked up to see beautiful hazel eyes.

He had a boyish look about him that alarmed her slightly but she took his hand anyways.

"Thanks." The little girl mumbled.

             ___________________

"Oh that's my cousin. He's older than me and he's very naughty! Auntie Mer always scolds him! He just came to live with us here and he's new!"

The little girl nodded her head in response as she looked out of the window, the boy in a year above her ran around the playground, kicking a ball.

Later, she couldn't help but wish the boy would appear out of somewhere but he didn't.

               ___________________

The girl's stomach started to rumble as she smelt her mom making her favourite cookies, chocolate chip cookies with pecan nuts.

"Mommy can I have one please?"

Her mom patted her hair lightly. "Kenzie dear, these are for our new neighbours. You'll see them later."

Kenzie wasn't sure if she liked the idea of new people. She hated talking to people.

Soon knocking is heard on the door and her mom bustles to the door.

A plump blonde woman and a tall lean man.

"I'm Dale Orlando and this is Meredith, my wife. This is my daughter Lauren and my son- " Dale whipped his head around. "Wait where's Johnny ?"

Melissa laughed as she shook her head. "Kids will be kids. Now this is my daughter, Kenzie..." she trailed off when she realised kenzie wasn't in the kitchen anymore.

Kenzie walked to her backyard , trying to hide from all the commotion. She disliked meeting new people and making new friends. The only people she liked was her mom and her sister. The kids at school loved to call her "big nose kenzie" or Mcfatty Mackenzie. She hated people.

She stopped short when she was a lonely figure on her swing. She walked towards him. He looked up and his face filled with alarm and horror. To her surprise, it was the boy.

He ran and the little girl tried to go after him.

With a sudden thud, she tripped and fell on the floor. Tears started to fill her eyes. A cautious head peeked from behind the tree.

He walked out from behind the tree and held out his hand cautiously as she gladly took it. Something felt familiar and he realised it was the younger girl from before.

After she stood up, he quickly stuffed his hand in his pocket and blushed. He opened his mouth to say something but the girl had ran back to the side door, going back to her kitchen. He looked down his feet with disappointment.

"I have a chocolate chip cookie," a little voice wavered out,breaking his thoughts.  His head snapped up in surprise."What?"

She took his hand and stuffed a cookie."Eat it." He looked down at the tiny cookie in his hand. "It's chocolate chip,"the tiny girl said, beaming. "My favourite." she added.

He then broke it in half. "We can both have it." The girl smiled and before they knew it they were sitting on the grass, chewing on chocolate chip cookies.

"I'm Johnny." The boy said placidly, chewing on his part of the cookie. She swallowed her bit and hurriedly said: "I'm Mackenzie Frances Ziegler and I am fwive years old!"

He smiled at her and she noticed his missing front teeth and for first time since they talked, she saw that he had beautiful hazel eyes .

That was the favourite part of her memory...staring into his green eyes . Maybe because that was the only thing that didn't change.

That's when the girl had her first feeling close to a crush. It was also the first time she had a best friend.

A/n

Welcome to a new sucky book kids. I've already pre-written a few chapters so I don't think updates will be THAT long. Lemme know watcha think

Anyways I had my first crush when I was 8 lmfao. I actually tripped and this boy with black hair and green eyes helped me and he was actually older than me by one year oof. he also had tons of freckles but that's my first crush story ig.