02

We somehow managed to fall asleep with the laptop still on. "Oh no." I exclaimed as I woke up. I was sprawled all over and even managed to make a 90° degree turn on the bed. Johnny was still lying peacefully while snoring quite loud.

"John...WAKE UP!" Johnny just groaned and picked up his phone. "It's 8am Mackenzie-"

I glared at him. "I was supposed to go home at 11 yesterday night remember?"

"I'm pretty sure mommy Mel wouldn't mind." He yawned.

I ignore him as I pack my stuff and rush home. Luckily we were neighbours and my 'rush' home took only about 1 minute. Sadly, the first sight I saw was Maddie sitting at the kitchen counter eating waffles, her back towards mine. She didn't notice me so I tried to tip toe past her.

As I slowly put down my bag, Johnny busted in, making his grand entrance.

"Shhhh!" I say. "I don't want Mom to hear me. She's in the kitchen somewhere." I whispered. He nodded. "Okay I'm sorry."

His gaze averted to Maddie eating waffles. He squealed. Maddie turned around, giving him a puzzled look and mom came out of the kitchen. "HELLO MOMMY MEL CAN I PLEASEEE HAVE A WAFFLE?"

I can't believe I lost john to god damn waffles. That traitor.

"Oh hi Johnny boy!" My mom squealed equally excited. She loves John. Actually love would be an understatement.

"Sit down darling, wait while I make some more." My mom bustled into the kitchen humming a song lightly. "I was at the Orlando's last night and accidentally fell asleep." I tell my mom.

Maddie looked up and swallowed her waffles before talking, always a lady with manners. "Who'd you sleep with? John or lauren?" I mentally cringe at how weird that sounded.

"I slept with John." I managed to choke out, my mind going to dirty places it shouldn't be at. "Awh look at my babies!" Mom said adoringly staring at John and I.

"Aren't you mad?" I ask her. That was a dumb question actually. She would never get mad at Johnny. I know she'd fly off the handle if she knew I spent the night at another boy's house but she trusted John and John only. We have been having sleepovers since we were 7.

John may look intimidating with his whole naughty rebellious look but he ain't fooling my mom. She absolutely loves him and trusts him.

"Nope, I wouldn't even be mad if you both get married some day!" My eyes widened and I look at Johnny. He lets out a gentlemanly cough, a reminder he is there.

Mom finally comes out of the ktichen and places a waffles on my plate and TWO waffles on John's plate. Maddie gets up and leaves.

John licks his lips while staring at the waffles. Would the girls even like him if they knew he was like this? Probably yes.

He stuffs the whole waffle into his mouth his face full with content. He moans in delight. I suck in my laughs while he completely devours his waffle.

My mom gives one final loving look at us and goes upstairs, leaving us some privacy.

"Hey I'm sorry for that." I say.
He nods and shrugs. I guess he's used to my family loving him since he's been our next door neighbour since freaking forever.

"Women love me what can I say?" He says proudly. I roll my eyes. "You're not wrong though. My mom does love you. More than I do in fact.

"Wait repeat that again."

"My mom loves you more than I do?"

He grins. "Did Mackenzie Frances Ziegler just admit she loves me? Less than her mom apparently." His grin turns into a tiny frown. "It's fine at least she loves me."

I choke on my waffle and he automatically pats my back.

"Keep you hands to yourself, Orlando." I hiss.

He puts his hand in the air, surrendering while he shrugged. "I know you love me anyway."

___________________

I've been thinking..."

"Wait John you think?!"

"Haha very funny. Not." He gave an eye roll as I collapsed beside him with the laughter. "I wasn't even sure if you had a brain!" He flipped me off, laying back on the grass.

"So what were you saying?" I asked still kneeling in the grass. "Oh you'd never know since you interrupted me." I peered closely at him bending over his face slightly. "Please tell meeee..."

He quirked his brow slightly. "So we're going down the puppy eyes lane, are we?"

"Well is it working?"

He propped his head up with his hand as he stared at me.

"No."

"But john..." I whined.

"Dang not only do you have puppy eyes, you even sound like a puppy! He shuddered. "Puppies are cute though." I giggled.

He peered at me slightly. "Hmm you're not wrong."

I laugh again and plop myself next to him. "Is the puppy eyes act still working?" A slight smile tugged at his lips.

"Maybe ."

I felt my eyes glistening. He shook his head smiling at my antics. "So Nadia called me-"

I jerked up instantly and scrambled up from the ground. "Nadia Turner ?" Nadia was a nice girl. Problem was, she had an interest in John and she had not so subtlety asked me to put in a nice word for her. Which I did not do. Yet.

John's eyes widened at my dramatic movements. "Woah girl chill out-"

"Tell me what she told you." I ask hurriedly.

"Well she asked me on a date..."

The thought of Johnny spending time with another girl made me slightly mad. I do want the best for Johnny but what if he left me for his girlfriend. What if he forgets about me all together? What if he doesn't want to hang with me anymore, his best friend? I squeezed my eyes shut filled with panic.

"Are you okay ?" Johnny sat up with a worried expression on his face.
"Yeah yeah I am."

He raised an eyebrow. "You're not jealous are you?" His voice sounded a little bit...well hopeful.

"No....."

"Are you sure?"

"Not really." I admitted. He instantly flashed a cheesy grin. "Awww Kenzie is jellllyyyy!"

I punch him in the arm."I know you love me anyways," he winked. I crunched my nose in disgust. Do you realise how many times you've said that?"

He rolled back in laughter and soon there are two laughing idiots in the Ziegler's backyard.

"You know, I haven't finished my story yet though." I groan. "There's more? Jeez."

He chuckled lightly. "I swear you'll like this." I highly doubt that anything concerning a gorgeous strawberry blonde and my best friend would be liked by me. "Okay carry on." I said doubt clear in my voice.

"Well her family friends came back from England."

"And how does Nadia's family friend concern me?"

"Well apparently the family has a very cute son..."

"He'd better be a English boy with curly hair and a cute accent or imma sue-" I raise brows meaningfully.

Slightly taken back, he answers. "That just fit Nadia's description perfectly..." I then grinned.

"Now we're talking."

A/n
Also I originally wrote this in 3rd person POV but changed it last minute so there might be lots of errors but lemme know what you think haha

Also yes I changed the tittle of the book cuz I'm also changing the plot slightly.