19

I wake up due to the fact someone's hand is strangling me. Johnny's arm to be exact. His snores punctuate the quiet room. I carefully raise his arms over me. We were on two different sides of the bed yesterday night but somehow managed to be tangled together.

"Kenzie?" He asks gruffingly.

"Wake up." I whisper into his ear but he just groans.

I decide to give him a few more minutes of peace as I go to change out of my Mickey Mouse nightie. I'm still a child at heart I guess.

When I come out of the bathroom, Johnny sits up slowly. He mumbles something under his breath in a raspy voice. His voice is always so raspy in the mornings when he just wake up.

After blinking like an idiot for a few minutes, he finally decides to stand up. He tries to find a shirt again. He pulls out a black hoodie and try it on but it fails to fit him. He throws the hoodie on the floor and I feel like scolding him. I wonder if this is what life will be if I live with him, a messy wreck.

He seems too sleepy to be clear headed because he goes to the window again to check the ladder even though it has already fell.

"Just take the stairs Johnny."

"I don't...." He awkwardly scratches the back of his neck.  "want to bump into your dad....."

"Oh you don't need to worry about him." The words come out if my mouth before I even control them and to make things worst, my tone is hateful, bitter and full of resentment.

"To be honest, bumping into your family members wouldn't be too great a move." He says mumbling.

I go to the stairs and check around. "The coast is clear,"I whisper and he gives me a nod.

"Okay bye-"

He rushes off and in that exact moment, Maddie opens her bedroom door. Her eyes widen.

"Was that ....Johnny?"

I bite my lip nervously.

"Was he .......shirtless?"

"Uhm...."

Maddie widen her eyes even more. "Y'all didn't-"

I open my eyes in shock and put a hand over her mouth to shut her up. I really don't need my parents knowing Johnny sneaked in late at night through my window.

Maddie grumbled through my hand but gave me a look, promising that she wouldn't tell my parents.

"I knew I could trust on you."

Massive waves her hand dismissively and gives a warm smile. "Now shoo." She said.

I hug her gently and rush downstairs to the kitchen. Trying to gently flip my pancakes, I fail horribly.

When mom comes down, I instantly see she didn't have a good night. I have this dreaded feeling that dad never came back or returned her calls.

"I made pancakes?" I offered softly but when I looked down at my pan the pancake was black. Oh well. It's all well known fact that I've managed to master the art of  everything except sports and cooking, which probably will never happen.

Mom gives a watery smile and proceeds to take out yogurt and muesli. When I'm finally perfected one single pancake, she has already finished her breakfast.

"I have some errands to run,I'll be back soon," she declares. Maddie just nods and I hum in response.

Mom grabs her stuff and she's gone. "So what do you want to do?" Maddie asks the minute mom is out of the door.

"What do you want to do?" I fire back.

"I'm going in a date with kailand.." her eyes sparkle.

"Ewwww."

"It's not my fault you can't snag a man, Kenz." I glare at her menacingly. She laughed evilly.

"Oh wait you have a certain boy running circles for you but you keep friend zoning, scratch that family-zoning him."

I think I know who she's talking about. "Poor boy," she sighed. She waves too and leaves me in the kitchen alone. "Bye sis, by the way tell John he has my blessing."

"How many times do I have to repeat, we are just-"

"So in love with each other?" She muses. I glare at her once again. "Okay kailand is here, ciaooo."

I go to the door and see her out. "KENZ THERE'S SOMETHING FOR YOU!" She shouts and I rush out to see the grab mailman.

He hands me the particle and I smile instantly. Maddie peers over to see what I'm smiling at but Kailand honks again. She groans and rushes to his car. I chuckle and take the particle to open in the house.

I almost gasp when I see a pack of chocolate chip cookies. My favourite! A smile flit through my lips when I read the letter.

It hurts me to see you sad. When you're sad, it's like the rain is pouring even though it's shining outside. Everytime I see you, it's like the sun is shining even if it's pouring outside. Smile, and light up the room. I'll always be here for you

Also a little bird told me your favourite cookies :)
                           -your secret admirer.

I find myself unable to breathe at the sweetness of the letter. My heart stopped beating for a moment. This was wayyy to cheesy.

Who even leaves anonymous letters and calls themselves your secret admirer. Am I dreaming? I squeal as I rip open my chocolate chip packaging and start feasting on some because I'm too happy.

I go back to my room and put the note in my little box then fawn and obsess over my other notes over and over again. I sit down and let it sink in.

Someone likes me. Someone freaking likes me. Out if the 17 years of my life, no one has ever had a crush on me. I receive a notification and I almost swear at the person but when I see the contact I smile. It's Johnny.

Juan
I'm bored
HEY
Can I come over?
Idc I'm coming over

     KenZ
Okay sure.

Before I even finish texting I hear a knock on my door. Mentally cussing, I walk to open my door. I'm still in my pjs, not a good fashion choice.

"Hey mckensis!" He hollers in excited tone. "Why so happy?" I ask him.

He ignores my question. "We're gonna have so much fun today."

I raise my eyebrows. "What are we doing today?"

He rubs his hands together, an evil look forming in his eyes.

"Oh you'll see soon enough."

I gulp. Oh dear.

          ________________________

A/n
Try to guess what out slick boy is trying to do and you'll get a dt hehe