12

I wake up and for once, I smile. I just got called beautiful and I had chocolate chips cookies with Johnny. Let's just conclude I am extremely happy.

Humming slightly, I go to my closet and choose my outfit. I sigh when I realise that my whole closet is a sweatshirt factory. The only non sweatshirts are from Maddie's closet.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror, feeling guilty. I ate a whole packet of cookies by myself. I just ruined my whole diet. I sigh in relief when I realise that I haven't gotten much fatter.

I decide to choose to back hoodie because apparently black makes you look skinnier. Not that I have much to choose from anyways.

I look at myself and a sigh escapes my lips. I take out my box and stare at the lonely 3 notes. I re-read them again just so I feel better.

___________________________

Class turns out to be pretty uneventful. I find no notes but I assume myself there is probably one in my locker. We don't do anything but copy stuff off the whiteboard and that pretty much sums up my whole morning.

"Miss Ziegler?" Miss Ali's honeyed voice comes from the front of the classroom, waking me up from my trance. "Please answer the question on the board."

I mentally groan as I stand up. Fate seems to stand by my side as the bell rings suddenly. Everyone rushes out and I do so too.

"Sooryy, miss Ali gotta rush," I smile apologetically. Mrs Ali just waves her hand ushering me to go out with a smile on her lips.

I run to my everyday seat and sit down.

"Missed me?" A familiar cocky voice comes from behind me as he slips into the seat next to me.

"In your dreams."

"I know you dream about me."

I roll my eyes but truth is I'm actually excited to see him. The morning has been unbearably boring.

"It's so boring," I complain.

"Wanna get detention on purpose again?" He asks, his eyes glistening. "Not really."

"You're such a...

I stop listening to him once I see Hayden. "Hayden comes here?!"

Johnny lifts his head up and frowns. "Yeah he does now."

"I thought he just moved back here."

"I think he just transferred here since Monday." Johnny replies nonchalantly.

I nod my head as response but I suddenly realise that my first ever note from my secret admirer was on Monday... And Hayden had called me beautiful the first time we met. What if he was my secret admirer?"

My cheeks redden at the sudden realisation.

"Hey are you okay?" Johnny waves his hand in front of me. "Uhm yeah.." the thought of my secret admirer actually existing is quite shocking.

"You look shook." A deep line ceases at his forehead.

"It's nothing."

He adverts his gaze to where I'm looking at and smacks his forehead. "Please don't tell me you like Hayden or something-"

I roll my eyes. "No I don't."

"Then what is it?"

"Well I... do you think there's a possibility that Hayden is sending me those notes?" I ask hesitantly.

Johnny gives me a blank stare. "You think Hayden is the one giving you those notes?"

I realise how stupid I sound, suggesting that the new hot kid would possibly like me. "I know he's cool and probably wouldn't like me but-"

"Why wouldn't he? You're everything that perfect defines." He says and I stare at him blankly.

"You did not just say that."

"I speak truth and truth only."

"That was so cheesy, it deserves it own song. "

He hums in reply. "I might just consider using it in a song."

"With your singing voice? I think not."

Johnny gives me the cutest boyish smirk. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me...."

Before we know it, break is over and prison has started again. Luckily I finally have a class with Johnny. The first bell rings. I pull Johnny up with me and drag him to the classroom but he stops me.

"Aren't you gonna check for the note?"
He asks curiously. "We only have like 2 minutes left," I argue with him but my feet magically take me to my locker. Johnny punches in my combination for me and I smirk at how I have my own personal assistant.

I see the paper and I tear it off before Johnny can read it.

This is for you.
-your secret admirer.

I flip the paper around but nothing is there. I wonder what they meant.

"What is for me?" I wonder out loud.

"Probably this." Johnny points to my and I see a rose taped to the locker door. I gasp and take it out to inspect. It's a beautiful shade of pink. I bite the inside of my lip to stop smiling so widely.

"I really like this guy, whoever he is." I jokingly remark.

"So do I."
____________________

Our feet lead us to the cookies shop again. It was a mutual unspoken decision.

"A packet of double chocolate chip with pecan nuts, please." Johnny tells the lady.

"That'll be 15 dollars, sir." Johnny reaches into his pocket then groans loudly. He turns to me apologetically.

"Uhm kenz I'm kinda... broke. Could you pay this? I'll repay you .... soon." He stutters nervously.

I chuckle and take out my purse while handing the lady my money.

"I'm so sorry bout that !"

I laugh at his worried face. "John its fine. Don't worry just chill."

"I'll repay you I just don't have money at the moment." I hold back a laugh.

"I never knew I'd be able to witness the great Johnny Orlando broke."

"Neither did I." He says, full of sorrow.
"What did you do to make you broke anyways?"

"Uh-" his eyes widen with alarm. Seeing his obviously nervous look, I let it go.

"It's fine if you don't tell me. I know we're besties but we can have our own privacy," I assure him.

"I do trust you kenz, I do."

"But?"

He bites his lip nervously. "But it's a secret."

Authors note :

IT's a sEcREt YaLl. Question : why do you think he's broke... this ain't hard if you actually paid attention hehehe