03

"SO do we like this or do we not ?" I ask while trying to analyse every part of the dress. Blue was my favorite colour but it didn't look that good on me.

Johnny lifted his head up from my bed. "I think it's fine. Then again, I think all the dresses you've tried are fine. Great in fact."

I look into the mirror, noticing how the skirt is rather tight and hugs my fat in an unattractive way. I sigh as I change back into the white dress.

"Why are you trying so hard to impress this kid you've never met?" He asks, seemingly annoyed. I sigh and roll my eyes. He doesn't seem to get it. He's never understood about this topic.

"Look I'm known to the whole school as the quiet shy once fat nerd who skipped a grade and is friends with Johnny Orlando. This kid just moved here. He doesn't know the old me. The one that was fat and pudgy. I can start all over. I can have a second chance."

He frowns deeply. "Are you still insecure over your body? I've already told you a thousand times about how beautiful you are and how-"

"I get it John but you're my best friend. Best friends do that. I just want to be seen as attractive by a male."

"I've already told you you're beautiful."

"And I've already told you, you're my best friend it doesn't count."

"I'm still a male."

"A male that grew up with me and is my best friend."

He gives up trying to battle with me but just shakes his head. "I thought we were over this phase already. You said you wanted to be healthy and to me, you look pretty healthy right now. You're fit and I think that's all you need."

"I don't wanna be fit, I want to be skinny."

He groans loudly. "Mackenzie-"

I sigh as I plop into bed next to him."I know. I'm sorry. Old habits kinda die hard I guess."

A few years back I was a plump lil kid and even though no one ever talked about it, I pressured myself over it. Johnny told me I was beautiful the way I was but as a growing teen, I wanted to be drop dead gorgeous. I finally managed to lead a healthier lifestyle but every now and then I still look into the mirror and feel sad. I'm still a little bit pudgy and I still have light babyfat but John claims it's cute.

"Promise me you'll never say that again." He says.

"Fine I promise." I roll my eyes at Johnny being grandpa.

"Also I know I've said this a lot of times but-"

"You are beautiful the way you are." We chant in unison, completing his sentence.

He beams proudly. "See? It's that easy. Remember that always. Also you don't need a boy to make you feel beautiful. You are."

"I know but john-"

"No buts. Now let me make a phone call." He steps out of the room making me wonder. He always puts his calls on speaker and makes funny faces at the phone and mumbling funny stuff under his breath. Wonder who's he's calling.. I vaguely hear him talking to some boy over the phone.

"Also better hurry or we'll be late for the date!" He chuckles.

I look at my watch. Still an hour away. I look into the mirror hesitantly before stripping out of the dress and putting on a sweatshirt.

I open the door to find John nowhere to be seen. A little disappointed he didn't wait for me, I find him in his car.

He opens the door for me as I try not to hit my head to the car ceiling. He slams the door shut and as he's climbing into the car, he eyes me. He lets out a big groan.

"Wait john what?" He shakes his head as he runs into the house again. He comes back very soon with a jacket in his hand. He climbs into the car and tosses me the jacket.

"It's not even cold, John." I mentally laugh at how he's acting like my mom but I don't say it out loud.

"It's better to be prepared. Just in case you get cold you know." I bite my lip to stop myself laughing from how he's acting so funny.

"Oooh the heaters on!"

"Of course it's on, I came down early to open it."

I smile at how he's so caring.

"Also please put your seat belt on. I don't want you to die yet." He mumbles under his breath.

"I'm too pretty to die," I joke. He lets out a hearty laugh." You're not wrong."

"Chocolate chip cookie?" I offer. His hands gripped tightly around the wheel, he replies. "I'm driving."

"Yeah I can see that," I snort.

A mischievous glint appears in his eyes. "Feed me?"

"Are you a dog or something?" I snort.

"Nah I'm an irresistible puppy."

I laugh and place a cookie in his open mouth. There are some moments you wouldn't change for anything and this was exactly one of those times.

A/n
Surprisingly I actually kinda liked this chapter. it's just all UwU though However the REAL shit is going down next chapter and I can't freaking wait. Also plz vote it makes me feel happy :)

Question : who do you think john called and why