08

"Hi Mr Allan!" Johnny chirped at the man sitting outside the door. The man let out a low grunt. "You again?"

Johnny hummed as he flung open the door. Welcome to the life of detention I guess.

I sit down and inspect my surroundings.

"Looks like we're the only two naughty kids huh?" His voice wavers out.

"Can't imagine what would have happened if you didn't stay with me."

"You think I did it on purpose just to have detention with you?"

"You didn't?" I instantly feel embarrassed.

"I'm just kidding, yes I did." He replies as he puts his feet on the table. "John!" I hiss. He smirks.

"What Ziegler?"

"We're in freaking detention and-"

"Chill, Mr Allan won't flip. He's probs asleep."

"Yeah you would know."I try to hold back a smile thinking of how Johnny knows the insides of detention so well. He comes here so often too.

He grinned. "You're right, I do."

"Anyways you better not let my mom know or you'll be dead." I threaten.

"Oh I'm way too beautiful to be dead." He says nonchalantly. His dirty shoes on the squeaky clean table is giving me a headache.

"So what do we do in detention?"

"Nothing."

"Really?"

"Nah."

He throws a paper at me. It says, "explain why you're here and what you should do in 500 words."

500 words. Easy peasy. I try to come off as sincere as possible to whoever is gonna read this.

I sneak a look at Johnny and see him running his hands through his messy hair, his brows knitted together. Wow he must be thinking hard. He even goes ahead and bites his lip concentrating hard.

I finally finish the paper and I can't help but smile. I over achieved. I wrote a 1000 words. I proudly turn to Johnny.

"I'm finished."

"Same."

I snatch his paper and stare at it. So far he's gotten,

"I'm sorry."

I give him a blank stare.

"You used half an hour just to write 'i'm sorry' ?" I can't help but ask. He gives an offended look.

"Do you know how much creative writing process went into that?"

"A simple 'sorry' consists of creative writing process?"

"Duh."

I fight the urges to roll my eyes. Spending time with Johnny makes me roll my eyes and my stomach ache.

Who knows maybe one day my eye balls will pop out due to overload of eye rolling and my stomach will burst with too much butterflies and laughter.

"Is there anything else to do?" I ask.

"No."

I sigh but then brighten when I remember that have my bag with me. Just to make sure again, I flip to page 180 of my maths textbook again. I'm ashamed to admit I'm a little disappointed.

"What are you looking at?" Johnny voice comes out slightly weird and funny.

I sigh and close my book. I know I have to tell him anyways.

"Souhm I have a secret admirer."

To my surprise, he isn't surprised.

"Oh."

"He gave me a note yesterday."

"Oh."

"Wait wait what about today?" He asked. I frown again for the billionth time that day.

"I didn't get one."

He looks at me and cocks his head to the left. "Are you sure?"

I nod my head. "Positive."

I decide to spill the beans and tell him the full story and everything. "You know, you're really dumb." He snorts.

I raise my brows. "Excuse me sir, I'm top 10 in the whole scho-"

"It was in your maths textbook yesterday in class. Today you took out your maths notebook instead of science. Maybe it's in your science textbook!"

I blink and try to process all of that. It suddenly makes sense and I realise how stupid I am. I instantly take out my science textbook and a note flies out.

"You hair looks so pretty."
-your secret admirer.

I patted my perfectly groomed mane consciously Someone thought my hair was nice? Again I was doubtful but flattered. At least I know that all my extra care was noticed.

I see Johnny grin from beside me. "That's neat."

"I nod my head. "Unlike your barely readable writing."

"I meant neat as in cool, not tidy."

"Oh okay."

He raises his eyebrows again. "You know what? He declares. "I'm bored. I shrug. "You're supposed to be the experienced one."

"Oh trust me, I am."

From the naughty look on his face I guess there's a double meaning to it but I don't understand. Must be one of his dirty jokes again.

"Oh okay."

He lets out the cutest chuckle ever. "We should have a sing-off," he smiled wickedly.

"Johnny no weird stuff, okay?"

He smirks. "Can't promise that."

I glare at him.

"Fine."

He gets up and and stands on the table. "John-" I hiss. He ignores me again and starts yodeling on the table.
"Johnny-"

He seems to be enjoying himself and ignoring me on purpose as he yodels even louder.  I knew I should have filmed him when he was yodeling at Wal-Mart a few years back. He could have gotten famous.

However, the louder and longer he yodels, the harder I laugh. Before I know it, tears are springing out.

He gives the imaginary audience a wave and sends an air kiss my way.

"Here's your Grammy!" I say while handing him my water bottle. He still keeps in character as he takes the Grammy and cautiously walks up his table again.

As i hand him the trophy aka my bottle and he puts on a touched, almost crying expression. He missed his calling as an actor. He flings out his hand weirdly.

"For one," he starts, one hand holding his 'grammy' (my bottle) and his other hand holding a 'microphone', his bottle.

His arms accidentally swing into my face. I laugh even harder as puts on his fake posh accent."I couldn't do this without my family," he lets out a gracious smile. "And of course my best friend ever, Mackenzie Frances Ziegler." I wave to my audience. I get no reply. Ah well.

In the moment, I jump to his table too and stands on the desk. I steal the watter bottle away from his, using it as a microphone. "As you see-"

Suddenly the door flings open. "Times up-"

"What are you kids doing?"

Johnny turned to face me.

"Woops. I guess he slept well last night?"

A/n
Why is john yodeling on a table so me
Also be active cuz I feel like giving out dts but I don't even know if ppl like read this