29

"i know we'd be so complicated, but we'd be so smitten it's crazy.."

 I wake up with a minor headache. Scratch that, major headache.

Everything around me seems to be fuzzy and weird. I realise that I'm not in my bedroom. I sit up instantly and relax when I see I'm in Johnny's room.
I try to control my breathing. Why am I in his room? I take deep breathes and Johnny comes in suddenly.

"Oops sorry for waking you up-"

I gulp. "It's fine but why am I in your room?"

He lets out a little smile. "You passed out yesterday I carried you back home but your mom wasn't home and Maddie wasn't answering the door so I put you in my bed first. Later when Maddie finally opened the door we tried to lift you up but you wouldn't budge so she said you could sleep in my bed." He shrugs nonchalantly.

I wonder where my mom went but I don't say anything.

"I passed out?"

"I think the punch was spiked and you're not exactly the best at drinking huh?"

"Probably not."

He laughs heartily. "Well I'm going to shower I guess. " he gets his stuff and goes into the shower. I close my eyes for a few brief moments before deciding to wake up.

I rub my eyes until it hurts. I can hear Johnny singing in the shower. I try to control my laughs but my laughs turns into a frown when I see what is on his table.

It's a tiny slip of paper. With neat writing on it. Out of everyone I thought I could trust Johnny.

I find tears picking at my eyes.

At the exact moment Johnny steps out of the shower. "So I think-"

He pales instantly when he sees me. "Mackenzie, I swear-"

The tears finally stream down as much as I try to control them. "Why?"

"Look I just wanted to show you that you're perfectly fine so-

"That's not the point Johnny." I manage to choke out.

He looks devastated. "What's the point?"

"You made me believe someone liked me. I thought someone liked me the loser. I thought that someone thought I was cute, someone thought I was pretty. I don't want to be pitied!
When no one will ever like me." I say hurt, while rushing out of the door.

"Kenzie wait-"

I rush back into my house and fly into my room, locking the door and cry. I hug my knees as I cry and I cry. It's always him who accompanys me when I cry. Now it's him that made me cry.