2.[Where She Finds Herself Soaked]

ABOUT A WEEK LATER

[11:58 Phoebe's Classroom]

"Okay guys, If you come into the class before I get back, please don't make a mess. I'm begging, we just cleaned up the paint off the floor yesterday. Do we understand?"

"Yes, Ms.Phoebe." They all nodded almost too quickly.

"Why am I not believing you little rugrats?"

They giggled and spoke amongst themselves.

"Ms.Phe Phe we don't even eat in here, we go into the cafeteria and hang out." Johnathan,One of my very grown students said.

"Oh you guys eat with the bigger kids, I see."

"Like duhh." Kaitlyn added while she rolled her neck.

"Well, now I know." I said gathering my things.

The bell rung and all of the kids ran out except for Kaitlyn.

"Kaitlyn aren't you gonna go eat lunch and play with your friends?"

She got up from her desk  and walked over to me, looking very sad.

"What's wrong sweetheart?"

"My daddy forgot ta' gimme money for lunch. He does it all the time, he even forgot to pack my snack bag with jello." She sulked.

"Ohh", maybe he just didn't remember sweetheart , he must be a busy man. What about your mommy? Do you want me to call her for you?"

"He's always busy, that's why i'm always at grandma's house most of the time."

"Ohh, well what about your Mother?" I asked for the second time.

"She dead. Since I was a baby." She sad looking down at her glittery ballet flats.

"I'm so sorry sweetie. I didn't know. "

"It's okay, I know."

I didn't know what to say right now, she obviously didn't want me to call her daddy, he'd probably take forever to get here.

"Well, how about you come to lunch with me?" I asked.

Her head shot up and she looked at me confused.

"But---

"It's no biggie, We'll just sneak out the back so the other kids don't see and get jealous okay?"

She nodded and trailed behind me.

[At Phoebe's House]

"Come inside Kaitlyn, I don't bite." I smiled.

She looked up into the ceiling and around the entire room.

"I like this colour, Ms. Phe Phe, it's so pretty." She smiled dragging her fingers up and down the peach walls.

"I like it to, very much. It's my favourite colour actually."

She sat down in the couch and rested her elbows on her knees, begging me with her eyes to watch tv.

I chuckled walking into the kitchen. "The remote is right there, Kaitlyn. "

She picked it up and got real comfortable in the couch.

"So what do you want to eat? I can make a mean Chicken Alfredo." I stated looking in the fridge.

"Yeah I like that alot, Daddy makes it too."

"Well Chicken Alfredo it is."

...........................