18

I stood on the side of the road a street down from my house. Vic decided to pick me up here so my parents didn't see him, and I couldn't meet with him at his place because Mike would have seen. I had to admit, I kind of liked sneaking around. I liked Vic being my little secret. I think it was mainly because I liked the thrill of rebellion.

I leant against one of the streetlight poles as I waited. Vic wouldn't tell me what we were doing tonight. All I knew was that he wanted me to meet him at 6, and I had to wear something warm, so I was standing here in jeans, a shirt, and a hoodie. It was a cool night, not too cold though, at least not yet. It would be as the night went on. I figured that whatever he had planned it involved being outside. I had never been on a date before. I always thought going on dates was really lame so I always rejected people when they would ask me. I guess Vic is special enough for me to say yes to. All I wanted to do was spend more time with him.

It looked at the clock on my phone. It had just turned 6. I saw the headlights of a car turn onto the street and at first I thought it was him, but it wasn't his car. It was a pick-up truck and it stopped in front of me. I was a bit cautious until the window went down and I saw Vic.

"This isn't your car." I pointed out.

"I know, I had to borrow my friend's pick-up truck." He said.

"Had to? Why?" I asked. He smiled mischievously.

"You'll see. Get in." He said, nodding his head towards the passenger seat. I went around to the other side, opened the door and got in.

"Where are we going?" I asked like an excited kid the second my door shut.

"Just somewhere that no one we know will find us. We're going a couple of towns over." He told me as he started driving.

"Oh, smart. So whose car is this?" I asked curiously.

"My friend, Jason." He said. The name sounded really familiar.

"Oh right, dude with the beard that threw the party we went to." I said. He nodded.

"Yep. We're gonna need the back for tonight." He said. I looked out the back window at the tray. Why would we need that?

"Why? Are you gonna murder me and throw me in there before you dump the body?" I asked the first thing that came to mind. I looked back at Vic who looked a little disturbed.

"You're kind of morbid." He said. I shrugged, faced forward and let my mind wander to all the things we might be doing. Maybe the typical, cliché, laying in the back while looking up at the stars? Even if that was his idea, I wouldn't care, as long as I was spending time with him.

"I've never been on a date before." I said randomly. He looked at me, a little surprised.

"Really? I thought you would have had guys jumping at the chance to be with you." He said. I raised my eyebrows at that.

"What makes you think that?" I asked. He looked back at the road bashfully.

"I don't know," He muttered, "Because you're attractive and-"

"You think I'm attractive?" I asked, loving the compliments he was throwing my way. I knew I was probably making him a little uncomfortable by making him elaborate on this, but I did it anyway.

"Yeah, obviously." He said. I turned my body so I was facing him more and smiled brightly.

"Why?" I asked. He glanced at me, looking me up and down.

"Are you really going to make me list all the things attractive about you?" He questioned. I nodded quickly.

"Yes, now tell." I said. He rolled his eyes and sighed.