Ministar- Can I?

Simon's P.O.V.

It was obvious to almost everyone that Vikk was an anxious person, even JJ knew and he was oblivious as hell. As much as Vikk tried to hide it, pretending that he wasn't nervous around big crowds or loud spaces, I knew, the others knew, maybe even his fans knew about it.

The other thing about him was that he worked himself half to death to get his videos out on time- 3 videos a day, pretty much all edited himself, thumbnails created by himself, and I thought he was crazy for pushing himself so much. He had almost no time for anything else, for eating, for exercising, for sleeping, and that probably contributed to his anxiety issues.

I woke up on a Tuesday morning slightly annoyed, well aware that I had to get up before 9 so I could get into the city and record a Sidemen Sunday with the other boys. This was an interesting one too- something I knew that I would be terrible at. Ice skating.

I had no idea who had suggested it, who agreed to it, but I wanted to strangle them. 7 of the most lanky, unbalanced, idiotic guys and you decide to stick them in ice skates? Do you know how badly that would end? I groaned, burying my head in my arms.

"For God's sake." I mumbled, rolling myself reluctantly out of bed. "Why today?"

----------------------------------------------------------

Vikk almost fell asleep in the car on the way to the ice rink, me in the back seat beside him, Josh in the front and JJ driving. I was surprised he managed to pass out considering our rides driving skills but he still did, his head tucked into his arm while leaning against the window. It was cute.

But once he was awake, I could tell he was nervous. He was rubbing his forearm and on the entire rest of the ride when he was awake he didn't say a single word, popping his headphones in so we didn't talk to him. I knew he wasn't exactly a person with good balance and he probably wasn't in a good mood either- he really didn't want to record.

I lagged behind with Vikk at the car while JJ and Josh ran on ahead to set up some equipment and he finally just gave up, refusing to get out of the car, rubbing his eyes like a toddler and burying his head in his arms.

"You alright Vikk?" I asked him, crouching down outside the car. He didn't look like he was about to reply but then he mumbled something into his arm, closing his eyes.

"Don't wanna." He muttered, curling up into a little ball on his seat.

"I know you don't Vikk, but it's just for a couple of hours. After that you can go home and have something eat and sleep." He shook his head.

"I wanna sleep now." He mumbled, rubbing his eyes again. I knew there was something more.

"Hey." I said calmly. "What's wrong? I know it's more than just being sleepy."

He paused for a moment and then looked up at me with wide eyes, looking so sad and anxious.

"I'm just... a little anxious." He mumbled, looking decidedly ashamed. "I'm gonna suck at this."

"So? You ain't going to be any worse than the rest of us Vikk, can you imagine JJ or Harry on skates? It's going to end terribly for all of us, you aren't alone."

"I know but... I don't wanna embarrass myself. I'm tired and I don't wanna record." He said sadly.

"Well... we need a ref for the team thing, how 'bout I make sure you're the ref. That way you aren't really involved, but you're still there." He looked up at me, a flicker of hope in his eyes and I smiled.

"Ye-yeah. That sounds alright." He whispered, turning himself so he could slip from the seat.

We were only a couple of steps from the car when Vikk spoke up again, his voice high with nerves.

"I- um... can I hold your hand?" He whispered, looking away from me.

I smiled and slid my fingers between his, watching as the tension in his shoulders basically deflated and he perked up a little, squeezing my hand back. It felt good, knowing that I had helped him out a bit, at least enough to get him through the upcoming recording.

"Ready?" I asked quietly, and he nodded.

"Yeah. Thanks Si."

------------------------------------------------------------------

The recording went alright, I supposed later, mostly because I managed to get Vikk in a place he wanted. I somehow convinced the other boys to allow him to be ref in the team part of the video- mostly because Josh and JJ had seen him fall asleep in the car, and they knew he was exhausted.

He fell asleep on the car ride back too, his head resting against my shoulder, and I saw the smile on Josh's face. He knew of my childish crush on the boy and now that he was asleep on me, especially after the hand holding thing earlier, I couldn't help but internally squeal.

I carried him up to his bedroom and tucked him into bed with a soft kiss to his forehead, still smiling. He was adorable and god, I just wanted to coddle him because I knew he was anxious, but I didn't.

"Sleep well Vikk." I whispered, tucking his duvet up around his shoulders.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of hours later I was editing a video when Vikk crept up behind me with a blanket wrapped around his shoulders, sleepy eyes looking at me. I spun around in my chair and smiled at him, opening my arms for him to fall into. He quickly curled up on my lap, blanket and all.

"You right there?" I asked with a laugh, smiling as he tucked his head into my neck. I wasn't sure if he was consciously doing it but it was cute anyway, which made me blush red.

"Mm." He hummed, burying himself back in my chest. "I just wanted to say thanks for earlier."

"That's alright Vikk. I know you get anxious sometimes and it's okay to have someone help you at times." I saw his flicker of a smile before he pulled the blanket up around his head, curling up into a little ball in my lap.

I was quite happy to have him there, honestly, it was cute. He was cute.

So I wrapped my arms around him and held him close, treasuring him. God, I loved him.