Leston- Horses Part 1

Preston's P.O.V.

I dragged myself off the plane, the wave of heat hitting me like a slap to the face. I heard some of the others mumbling tiredly about the heat behind me but we were all so tired that none of us could really put up a fight or bother to comment on the fact that it was fuck off degrees.

It took longer than I hoped to gather our bags and get through customs, especially with 5 of us, but within an hour or so we were standing in the arrivals hall scanning the massive room for our blonde haired friend. Jerome and I were the only ones looking actually, Vikk and Mitch were both sleeping stand up and Rob couldn't stop yawning, so I hoped that Lachlan would hurry up.

I spotted him first and took off at a run, abandoning my bag and sprinting across the hall to greet him. I threw myself into his arms and he picked me up, spinning me around.

"Hey babe." He whispered into my ear, both of us grinning like idiots as we stood, completely oblivious to everyone around us. "God I missed you."

I sighed happily and hugged him tightly, giving his lips a quick peck before the others all walked up behind us, Rob dragging my bag. Lachlan greeted all of them with hugs and there was a general air of excitement now that we were all back together, but mostly we were tired to think straight.

"Alright, let's get you back home." Lachlan said cheerfully, leading us of the arrivals hall and into the carpark. "You can sleep there."

-------------------------------------------------------

The first couple of days at Lachlan's were quiet, we slept and worked and got into a somewhat simple routine while the 5 of us who had flown over tried to adjust to the time zone, being the complete opposite to our normal daylight times.

Lachlan was just happy to have everyone there, especially me I think, because he was constantly bouncing around and didn't seem to what to sit still. Even when we were supposed to be trying to sleep he was talking, asking questions and just commenting on things. Although, we hadn't seen other in person for almost 6 months so I supposed I could give him a pass just this one time.

It took me a day or two to explore Lachlan's house, I hadn't been down to Australia since he had moved and I was blown away with how spacious and awesome it was. It was far too big for one person but he told us that there were a couple of people who planned to move in, in the near future, including his brother.

But the thing that I found the coolest was out the back there was a paddock and a stable and there, he had 3 horses. All three were brown but one was verging on black and they were called Honey, Cinnamon and Brandy. (From left to right in the image above)

It was on the third day that Lachlan first asked me to go riding with him and I flat out refused. I couldn't ride a horse, I'd never tried and because I was still bone tired I knew I'd be flat on the ground within a minute because I couldn't hang on.

Lachlan pouted but didn't press the matter further that day, instead saddling up Cinnamon and riding around the paddock for a while with myself watching. He was a pretty skilled rider, he understood what he was doing and had no trouble with any speed, so he was quite interesting to watch.

He asked again if I wanted to go riding on the third day but again I said no, still I was exhausted and more than anything I was busy because I had to record and edit. This time he looked more put out so I felt a bit bad and resolved to say yes at one point before I left, but not when I was so tired.

The 5 of us were staying with him for 3 weeks and for the latter half of the first week and the second week we were incredibly busy, going out and seeing all the sights, visiting people and just spending time together that Lachlan didn't even ask for me to go riding until the 3rd week.