Veston- Silencieux

Preston's P.O.V.

Vikk didn't speak. He had never uttered a single word to me nor anyone else and although he could understand me, communicating through rudimentary sign language and charades if no one understood him, he still never spoke. Nothing could get him to breathe a syllable.

At first I thought it was because there was something medically wrong, maybe he didn't even have vocal chords? Was it something that he was born with? An accident? He never gave an explanation to his silence and the rest of us learned to live with it, finding different ways to communicate with the smallest boy in our small, tightknit YouTube group.

Vikk's YouTube career with a little different to ours considering he couldn't speak, unable to live stream and adding a voiceover (the voice of a friend) into the video during post to add some character. It was sweet and he was just as big as the rest of us, attracting much the same people to his fanbase as we did. We played the same games after all.

"Vikkkkkkkk!" I whined, flopping down on the couch beside him. I was bored waiting for the others to get up so we could go skiing or snowboarding, Vikk was the only other boy up, and he wasn't paying any attention to me either. "Pay attention to meeeeee! I'm bored!"

He looked up for a second and smiled, laughing silently with no sound coming out. I begged with him for almost 10 minutes, pouting and whining and annoying the hell out of him because I wanted him to do something with me, finally just pushing his laptop of his lap and rolling onto him, settling down with no intent of moving.

Vikk shook with laughter at my actions, making the one noise I knew he could make- a chuckling, gurgling noise deep in the back of his throat. He attempted to push me off but I didn't budge, giggling myself now because now he had no choice but to pay attention to me. I turned his head towards him, grinning widely.

"Preston!" He signed with a short, sharp jab, relaying his annoyance but also his enjoyment. "Get off!"

"Mm... nah. You're comfy." I mumbled, practically deflating on his lap. "I think I'll stay here."

He made a low noise something like a sigh before settling back against the couch, one of his hands resting on my waist. He was well used to my antics and knew that if I had it in my mind to do something, then goddamn I was going to do it and no one could stop me, except maybe Rob.

-------------------------------------------------------

The skiing and snowboarding was great, we were up and down the mountains for almost 3 days straight until we were exhausted and giggly, perhaps a little hungover too. We had had a party the night before and everyone had slept in- everyone except me and Vikk of course.

I didn't drink much because of religious reasons and Vikk didn't simply because he struggled with it, he couldn't order on his own and if he got drunk he couldn't communicate what he wanted, so he didn't. We kept an eye on the other boys, dragging them home and into bed at just past 2am, and of course they weren't up by noon the next day.

"Do you want anything for lunch?" I called, poking his head around the door to see his response. He nodded, signing.

"A sandwich please?"

"Yup, anything in particular?" I replied, now leaning against the doorway.

"Ham? And just any vegetables."

"Okay!" I turned back into the kitchen and made up his request, as well as my own sandwich. The other boys could make their own food when they got up, if they even felt like anything which they might not because of the hangover and possible still remaining hangover.

I went back into the living room with two plates, piled high with sandwiches and some chips too, grabbing two glasses with some water as well. Vikk smiled and silently thanked me for the food, moving his laptop so he could eat and turning on the television so we had something to distract ourselves.

"Who's gonna be the first up?" I mumbled through a mouthful of chips, turning to Vikk. "I reckon it's gonna be Rob."

"Mm, yeah, or maybe Jerome. Lachlan and Mitch won't be up for ages." He signed with a smile, rolling his eyes at the latter two. Both weren't exactly lightweight but when they were down with a hangover they were down, like down and unable to get up almost a day. That was why they didn't drink often.

We sat in silence for a little while, the only sounds were the television and us eating. It was comfortable and there was no need to speak, the others presence was enough.

After finishing our food Vikk shifted slightly, moving to leaning up against me. I ran a hand through his hair, shifting closer to him myself both because it was cold and because I wanted to be close to him, even though it made me blush. Vikk was cute goddamn it, let me adore him!

His head rested in the crook of my shoulder, one hand resting lightly on my chest. His eyes were fixed on the television but I could tell he wasn't paying much attention, more likely listening to my slightly erratic heartbeat because of his presence. When I shifted awkwardly he giggled deep in his throat, a low chuckling noise.

"Stop moving!" He signed, accompanied by silent laughter. "You're comfy!"

"Alright, alright." I grinned, stopping my movement so he could settle back down. Vikk tightened his legs around mine, preventing me from moving even an inch and even though I rolled my eyes at him, I was quite happy to have the younger boy lying on top of me. I played with his hair, humming.

"You happy there, silencieux?" I asked after about half an hour as Vikk's eyes flickered closed, half asleep. He nodded and with shaking and tired hands he signed-

"I'm fine." His breathing was soft.

I didn't say anything more, I only pressed a light kiss to Vikk's forehead. He went red and there was a low sigh in the back of his throat, as well as a giggle. My heart leapt, and I smiled.

Yeah, I was content and I think Vikk was too.