Vikklan- Cheater

Vikk's P.O.V.

When Lachlan called me up one night bouncing and excited, I was expected some news to do with his career. He had hit another subscriber milestone, he had qualified for something or other, YouTube had finally done something to get rid of his bullshit copyright claims, but no.

"I've got a girlfriend!"

I was surprised to say the least, he had always seemed quite content with his single life and he had confided in me years ago that he was bisexual with a preference for guys, but I was also a little disappointed. It was amazing that Lachlan hadn't worked out that I had a crush on him, but it was too late. Someone had got there first.

I was introduced to that someone a few months later, a girl called Liv who was a couple of months younger than the two of us, but she was a sweetheart. I found myself a bit jealous of her for a couple of reasons, one because she was with Lachlan, two because she was so nice and three because I constantly found that I was comparing myself to her. We were both small, darker skinned, constantly making puns. That could have been me, but it wasn't.

It wasn't all Lachlan's fault that I began spiralling again, but it was a small part of the huge reason that I broke down and began to self harm for the first time in years. The stress of my YouTube career and living with the Sidemen, the constant demand for videos but also keeping myself well enough to do them and the only release I found was digging the razor into my hip, where no one could see the scars.

I was a mess, but I told nobody.

-------------------------------------------------------

The Pack trip to Australia was something I had been looking forward to for quite a while, even though I was in a deep depression and the thought of the flight over filled me with anxiety. The boys had been talking about it for months and everyone was so excited to be back together again for the first time since Preston's wedding.

We had gone with Australia to fit in some mildly warm weather before winter, it was spring in Australia so it wasn't hot hot but instead pleasantly warm. Lachlan was so excited too, bouncing around in the call and just generally being a hyper active toddler. I smiled at the thought of it.

"Are you excited Vikk?" He asked, still bouncing. I nodded, grinning at his antics.

"Of course I'm excited Lachy, I'll see you in a few days alright?" He inclined his head, spinning around in his chair.

"Yeah, see you then!"

--------------------------------------------------------

The first few days of the trip were alright, I mostly just relished in being back with the boys. It was loud and raucous and brilliant because no one got any sleep and we all woke up hangover after the first night, but I loved the crazy it bought to my life.

It was on the chill day when everything fell apart. It was quiet, most people were sleeping after having stayed out till 3am the night before and even though I was exhausted, I couldn't sleep. At first I just sat on my bed playing on my phone to distract myself, Lachlan asleep in the bed opposite, but it wasn't enough.

I dug the razor out of my toiletry bag and disappeared to the bathroom, holding the sliver of silver in my hand. I pulled up the edge of t-shirt and dug the razor into my hip, the pain grounding me and the blood pooling over my fingers.

Sighing in relief, an odd thing I knew because how could pain give me relief but it did, I buried my head in my hands. With a shaky breath I used the toilet paper to wipe the blood away and was about to put a bandage over top it to stop it bleeding any more when I heard a gasp.

I turned and there was Lachlan, shirtless and half asleep, standing in the doorway. And the other thing, he was clearly able to see all of my cuts; the old ones and new ones.

"Vikk..." He said, sounding both shocked and scared. "Oh my God..."

It took him a few seconds for the both of us to come around, myself from the surprise and Lachlan from both shock and I supposed a little bit of horror. He rushed to my side, at first checking that the cut wasn't bleeding badly and then he took my face in his hands, looking me right in the eyes.

"Vikk... what's going on? Please, what's wrong?" He begged, but when I didn't say anything he leaned in and just hugged me tightly.

It took me only a few seconds before I completely collapsed onto the bathroom floor in Lachlan's arms, tears streaming down my cheeks. I was shaking and nauseous and bawling like a little kid, completely vulnerable but still Lachlan held me. He held me tight, never letting go.

For almost half an hour I sobbed into his shoulder, hiccupping and sobbing, my chest heaving because I couldn't calm myself down enough to think, let alone speak or explain what was going on. Lachlan didn't say anything more knowing that, just ran his hand up and down my back, occasionally squeezed my hand or rested his chin on my head.

I was almost calm again when Lachlan pressed a light finger to the base of my chin, tipping my head back so I looked up at him. Using his thumb, he wiped away tears falling down my cheeks and I closed my eyes and leaned into his touch, but what did next shocked me but something inside me also wanted me.

He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine, chapped and dry but so beautiful and passionate that I didn't pull away until I came to my senses and realised what he was doing.

"L-Lachlan!" I yelped, speaking for the first time since he had found me. "You- I-"

"Nothing. It doesn't matter Vikk." He interrupted, brushing some hair back.

"But you have a girlfriend..." I whispered, blinking in shock. "You're cheating."

"I know, but it doesn't matter. We're more friends than partners and right now you're more important than that." I blinked slowly, realising what he was saying.

"I don't- understand...?" My voice was full of hesitation, he could tell.

"Vikk, I don't love her. I love you."

Then he leaned in and kissed me again, but this time I kissed back. I was feeling something for the first time in a long time, emotion that I hadn't felt unless I was cutting, but now I felt everything all at once. Love, lust, want, need, passion and happiness.

We pulled away gasping, red, but with some tears still falling from my eyes.

"Right now what matters is you." He whispered, picking me up gently from the cold bathroom floor. "Come on, talk to me. Tell me what's wrong."

He set me down on the bed and with a new hope in my heart I began to talk.

He was there, an open ear for me to talk to.

It was alright.