The Sidemen- Werewolf Part 1

JJ's P.O.V.

It was no secret to the other boys that I was a werewolf, I disappeared every full moon into the woods after all and even though I never specifically told them, they worked it out on their own. At first I thought they would hate me, abandon me, hate me or call me a danger to them, but they didn't seem to care.

All of them, Simon especially, understood that I couldn't control it, that if I came across them in wolf form then it wouldn't be my fault because although it was my physical body, it wasn't my mind. They told me just as much too.

Each transformation was painful, I came back to the house the morning after the full moon each month wrecked and sore, my clothes torn and scratches from branches all over my arms. The boys took care of me when I needed it, and I was incredibly grateful for that.

"You right JJ?" Simon asked, peering over my shoulder as I worked away on my laptop. I nodded.

"I'm fine, why?" He flopped down on the beanbag beside me, one of his arms tucking itself around behind my head.

"You look tired." I sighed and rubbed my eyes, I knew what he was saying was true.

There were black bags under my eyes making me look as exhausted as I felt, the anxiety for the upcoming full moon was buzzing around inside me and I hated it, because I knew I would get hurt. Simon knew that too, he glanced out of the window.

"The full moon isn't for another few days, it'll be fine." He said reassuringly. "Just like it is every other month."

I smiled at his empty words that I knew he couldn't promise. He couldn't tell me that it was going to be okay, he didn't know what went on in those woods and he didn't understand how badly it could go, how much I was risking each month. But still I didn't say anything, I couldn't break his fragile hope.

I instead glanced around at the other boys in the room. All of the Sidemen were there, we all lived together after all, but it wasn't often we were all in the same room at one time. Normally someone was recording or editing or sleeping, but I guess we had just gotten lucky.

Ethan and Harry were sprawled out on one of the couches, arms around each other eyes fixed on the television. Tobi was lying a few feet away with his head on a beanbag and his phone in hand, scrolling absentmindedly through social media. Vikk and Josh were on the other couch, Josh carding his hand through Vikk's hair silently and Vikk was almost asleep, his eyes flickering closed only to pop open again a minute later.

It was peaceful and the only sounds were the tapping of my fingers on the keyboard and the television playing some movie that I didn't know the name of, and it was nice. There wasn't much time were could spend together that was just in silence, normally someone was yelling or was busy with work, adding an air of intenseness when all I wanted was quiet.

"You keep telling yourself that Si." I mumbled, knowing he couldn't hear me. "Keep that hope."

-------------------------------------------------------------

The night of the full moon rolled around far too fast for my liking, one minute I was recording and editing completely fine and the next I was glancing out of my window every few seconds, watching as the sun cast golden colours over the horizon.

Simon and Harry were both fast asleep on my bed, they had wanted to spend some time with me before I went but had passed out a little while before. I pulled my hoodie over my head and left it behind, not wanting it to get ruined, and placed tiny kisses on both of their foreheads.

"See you tomorrow."

Neither of them stirred.

Everyone else was asleep and I didn't see anyone when I sneaked out of the house, sprinting into the woods to get as far away from the house. The transformation was painful, as usual, but soon I was wandering around the woods, looking through the wolf's eyes.

It was normal, the wolf sniffed around things and hunted, trying to find rabbits or birds, both of which were either too far underground or too high up trees for me to reach. But suddenly, my senses flared.

I sniffed and my head turned towards the suburbs, where I had come from earlier in the night. I could smell something, movement, scent, another person, another wolf.

A deep growl came from my throat as a young wolf stepped around a tree, his head lowered submissively. This was my territory and he knew it, my scent was all over the woods and I could tell that he was scared of me, just the way he was acting and also his heavy breathing.

I stalked closer to him and he lowered his body, knowing he could run. I could barely make out his eyes from his fur, both were so dark, and he looked like a piece of the night in animal form beautiful and silent, but at the same time he was hardly there.

I nudged the side of his neck and he whined through his lips, tensing his body and I knew he could smell the Alpha pheromones coming off me, telling him that I was in charge. Although I didn't want to hurt him I couldn't stop my smell, giving him the exact opposite message.

Trying to find anything to tell him that I wasn't going to hurt him so I gently nipped on his skin, nuzzling my nose down into his neck. His eyes flickered but he finally relaxed, looking around at me incredibly confused and I understood why.

He was a young male wolf, a lone wolf, in my territory and normally I would have fought him, killed him even but I wasn't like that, at least when it came to the young and unprotected. I had fought other wolves off my territory before and had won each time, but I left the young ones alone because I knew they didn't understand.

Nudging the young wolf towards my den, he was shivering and shaking, I made sure that he was following me before letting him curl up beside me. He still was refusing to look me in the eyes but I understood that, he was scared and wasn't sure what was going on.

Newly turned, I didn't doubt that. He was uncomfortable in his body, unsteady on his feet and he didn't understand the territory thing, that this was my patch and you should stay out of it. He wasn't actually that young either, even though he was tiny, maybe a few years younger than me in human form.

My eyes closed with the young dark wolf fast asleep beside me, his paws under my stomach. It was peaceful.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I awoke the next morning sore and stiff, but less so than usual. My arms weren't scratched and my body wasn't aching but more importantly than that there was a tiny body curled up next to me, sleepy and warm and so small that I smiled to myself.

My eyes flickered open and I looked down at the boy, who was curled up tightly in a ball like a kitten, so tight that I couldn't see his face. He had midnight black hair, the same colour as his fur in wolf form, and beautiful cinnamon skin and the more I looked at him, the more I realised he looked familiar.

I gasped, startling the boy from his sleep. He rolled over and looked up at me, his chocolate brown eyes blinking in the morning light.

"Vikk?" I whispered, seeing on of my closest friends lying beside me. He nodded numbly and his lip started to tremble, tears filling his eyes. My heart panged and I held him close, suddenly realising what it meant of him for me to know what he was.

I knew he was a werewolf, something he must have kept hidden from us.

"It's alright Vikk." I whispered. "It's alright."